Saturday 17 June 2017

Long Kin, Pyrmont


Thai food is such an favourite in Sydney. I absolutely loveee the flavours and often crave my usual pad thai with prawns or a good pad see eww. On a rainy afternoon, Matt and I head to Long Kin in Pyrmont which has a monkey mascot.
As I walk in, I see toy monkeys peering outside and instantly sense a playful decore. Long Kin is the new kid on the block  in Pyrmont and is ready to impress with a very intensive menu of authentic Thai dishes as well as some Asian Fusion surprises. It's a short stroll from The Star or Darling Harbour.

The Long Kin venue is also licensed so I decide on a cheeky glass of cabernet sauvignon to balance out the anticipated bold flavours and to balance out the spice. Matt sips on a refreshing glass of Lord Nelson Beer, a local favourite. 

For entrees, Matt and I snack on this duck pancake ($8.90 for 2) with hoi sin sauce, cucumber and spring onion in a charcoal pancake. I don't think I've ever had a duck pancake at a Thai restaurant before but I enjoy the flavours and the dark charcoal coloured pancake is reflective of a bit of creativity.



Matt and I often order chicken satay sticks ($8.90 for 4 skewers) when we dine at Thai restaurants and it always comes down to the sauce. I really like the Long Kin Satay sauce, the sauce is drizzled on the sticks with a nice coating of nuts to add further texture.




For mains, Matt and I share three dishes. The first is a chicken cashew stir fry ($16.90) which is my favourite. I love the Chilli Jam, garlic and chilli blast of flavour with the crispy chicken, cashews for texture and vegetables.

I also try the Soft Shell Crab Burger with a side of wedges from their Fusion part of the menu. The burger is served up with a creamy sauce, crunchy cabbage for texture on a soft brioche bun. 



Our third main that we share is the red chicken curry ($17.90). I love the fresh thai basil with the coconut curry flavours. The chicken is well cooked, moist with mild chilli tones and the soft vegetables mellow out well in the red curry.



Summary: For a touch of Asian fusion or authentic Thai, there's something for everyone at Long Kin. The menu is reasonably priced and my favourites were the satay chicken and the chicken cashew stir fry dish.

I personally prefer the authentic flavours from Thai dishes but I know some of my adventurous friends may enjoy some of the Asian Fusion in the menu.

Price: $15-30ish per main


Location: Shop 1/2-14 Bunn St, Pyrmont


Opening Hours: 

Sunday, Monday to Friday 11am to 10pm
Saturday 4:30pm to 10pm




Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of Long Kin. All photos, opinions and words are my own.

Long Kin Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    Spring cleaning Sydney CBD
    End of lease cleaning Neutral Bay
    End of lease cleaning Zetland

    ReplyDelete