Monday 19 June 2017

Upstairs Lord Nelson Restaurant, Miller's Point

With some changes at my work, my former work colleagues and I decide to have one last heart felt lunch as we embark on our new roles at work. 

By chance, we stumble upstairs the Lord Nelson looking for a table and we find "Upstairs" at the Lord Nelson. We managed to grab a table!


By contrast to the dimly lit and casual pub downstairs, there's nice table cloth and large windows that let in the light in the Upstairs part of the Lord Nelson. It looks a bit fancy and I like it. We order a bottle of wine and look at the menu.



We start the meal with some bread, beetroot spread, olive oil and olives to open the palette and the senses. The beetroot spread is smooth. 

The menu has lots of great choices and the staff also tell us about the special but I end up ordering the spaghetti with lobster and crab ($29).

I squeeze some lemon onto the pasta for a touch of zest and nod in anticipation to the parmesan cheese. The pasta is heavenly. The pasta is well seasoned and allows for the natural lobster and crab flavours to champion the dish. On the menu it says chilli crab but I don't really taste any spice. I really enjoy my dish and would highly recommend it!




For dessert, we share the apple and pear tart ($16.50) which has caramelised pear and apple on a thin crispy pastry base.The vanilla ice cream on top adds a creamy flavour to the tasty dessert. The thin and crispy pastry works quite well.


 I order the chocolate fondant ($16.50) with a side of vanilla ice cream. Unfortunately it's over cooked and ends up being a chocolate cake. I can't help but show my disappointment when there is no oozing chocolate liquid coming out. We agree that this dish would fail the masterchef test.


Summary: Overall, I had a really lovely meal and would love to come back to try some other dishes. The spaghetti with lobster and crab was very satisfying. The decore was lovely.
The chocolate fondant was a bit of a let down but wouldn't deter me from coming back.

Price: $30-35ish per main


Location: Upstairs, level 1 of Lord Nelson 19 Kent St, The rocks


Opening Hours: 

Thursday, Friday 12pm to 3pm
Tuesday to Friday 6pm to 10pm

Weekend Food Escapes dined anonymously and independently paid for this meal. All words, photos and opinions are my own.


Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    Spring cleaning Redfern
    End of lease cleaning Bondi
    End of lease cleaning Neutral Bay

    ReplyDelete