Friday 9 June 2017

Bridge Room, Sydney CBD

Where does a large chunk of my money go? It has to be food.
While I love my cheap and cheerful meals, for special occasions, Matt and I like to go out to a nice restaurant. We head to the Bridge Room to celebrate a recent anniversary. We head to the very famous Bridge Room.
Who's impressed? I am. The Bridge Room has an incredible reputation with Russ Lusted being awarded Chef of the Year by SMH Good Food Guide. The Bridge Room was also "Restaurant of the Year" in 2016 by SMH Good Food Guide. 

The Bridge Room is located on Bridge st in Sydney's CBD near Circular Quay and it's in a gorgeous heritage listed building. There's rustic solid oak tables and is quite dim as we enter for dinner service.  Matt and I have high expectations walking in. After mulling over some different options, Matt and I settle on the Four courses for $145.



It's quite a dim restaurant so unfortunately the photos are not great and I was too embarassed to give any light out. Above is the Raw Fish, smoked eggplant, crisp rice, coriander, avocado, apple gel. A very well textured and tasty dish. Matt enjoys this dish.

I order the Fraser Island Spanner Crab (Pictured Below) with Picked Shelled, Coconut, Finger lime, fragrant leaves, pork caramel and peanuts. This is my favourite dish of the night was it's so light, delightful and fragrant.







Matt enjoys the above Hunter Valley Quail, dressed leg meat, date paper, harissa, pistachio, pickled green raisins, mint salad. Matt's only complaint is that he wishes there was more

I have the Raw claw yabbies, tamarind and chilli paste, cashew butter, palm hearts, pomelo. I really like contrast of the light yabbie flesh and the heavier flavours from the tamarind and chilli paste and cashew butter.





For the mains, Matt orders the Slow cooked rangers valley short rib, aged sirloin, new season pears, shiitake ketchup, pickled nashi, grilled ginger. Matt loves tender and melt in your mouth short rib.

I have the Ocean trout, Silken eggplant, sesame, puffed rice, organic soy sauce, grilled rock kelp. The eggplant is soft and flavoursome and the crunch from the puffed rice and ocean trout contrast nicely. Really nice flavours.





The desserts of Set Valrhona chocolate, burnt orange cream, figs, grilled blueberries, caramel snap, nougatine is quite nice although I am craving the wow factor that Quay delivers with their snow egg or 8 layered cake in comparison.

The creativity is nice with the below dessert of Whipped black sesame ice cream, toasted sesame black powder, melon, puffed black rice and coconut sugar. Again, I can't quite wonder if they had more conventional desserts - perhaps this would leave a more lasting impression.

Summary: A lovely and high quality meal from the Bridge Room. My favourites were the spanner crab and yabbie dishes. Matt always likes the meaty dishes. I'm not sure if I would order the desserts again but it was a lovely dinner

Be sure to book to ensure you get a table

Price: $145 for 4 courses


Location: 44 Bridge St, Sydney


Opening Hours: 

Closed Monday and Sunday
Tuesday to Friday 12pm to 3pm, 6pm to 10pm
Saturday 6pm to 10pm


Weekend Food Escapes dined anonymously and independently paid for this meal. All words, photos and opinions are my own.
The Bridge Room Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    Spring cleaning Neutral Bay
    End of lease cleaning Randwick
    End of lease cleaning Manly

    ReplyDelete