Tuesday 19 June 2018

Restaurant 317, Parramatta


It's a cold Friday night and also date night for Matt and I <3. I head to Parramatta to restaurant 317 which has been in Parramatta for about 13 years. I'm glad I have a table at the back as it's warmer there. Restaurant 317 has recently expanded so you'll see that they also have a lane way dining area.


The staff are very attentive and friendly as I look at the menu. For those who need/want a gluten free option, you'll see many options on the menu.

I notice there are pearl cocktails which is exciting for me. For those who don't know what pearls are - they have popping boba pearls which have a gel thin skin with juice inside that burst when squeezed. I could not resist and ordered a Lychee Crush ($18.90) which has blue curacao, lychee liquor, lychee syrup, lemon juice and lychee pearls. The drink is quite tasty with lychee flavours. Make sure you ask for the thicker clear straw which will give you access to the pearls which are at the bottom of the drink. Matt orders the Blue Moon beer which he seems content. 



For entree, Matt and I share the Baby Octopus Salad ($21.90). The octopus is over cooked and quite burnt for my liking and you can visibly see the crunchy charred parts on the octopus. If you like heavily charred octopus  that is a bit crunchy then you may really enjoy this dish. There's a sweet chilli sauce that is served and there's also a salad with an aioli dressing. I think the sweet chilli sauce conflicts in flavour with the aioli dressing but you could always eat the octopus separate to the salad.



We also order the Haloumi Cheese ($18.90) which is served up with sun dried tomatoes, pita bread and is drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Haloumi is always really nice to eat with balsamic as the salty flavours contrast well with the tangy and sweet balsamic. The halloumi is the dominant flavour when you eat it with the sun dried tomato but it makes for nice textural contrast.



For Mains, we order the Supreme Pizza ($25.90) or you could order gluten free for $29.90. When the pizza comes out, my eyes light up as I look at the glistening toppings. There's ham, pepperoni, chorizo, spanish onion, capsicum, mushroom, olives and pineapple. I love pineapple on pizza! It always adds a nice sweetness to the pizza. Matt loves all the meat on this pizza and it's simply delicious. The combination of all the meats is quite nice. The pizza base is a bit oily and spongey though which slows down how many slices I could eat. Matt continues eating on the other hand as he easily eats the greasy pizza base.




I also order the Fettucini Boscaiola ($22.90) which is a creamy pasta dish served up with bacon and mushrooms. There's also some shallots and a garnish of parsley. This pasta dish is exactly what you expect - creamy, rich and moreish. It's really nice to eat and I like the fresh pasta that is served up. Matt and I agree that it's best to share this dish as it's quite rich and enjoyable to eat. I love carbs and really enjoyed this dish. There's also gluten free pasta options too if that's your requirement or preference.





I'm quite full by this stage but Matt still has room for dessert. He orders the apple crumble while I sip on some jasmine tea. The Apple Crumble ($14.90) is served up with vanilla ice cream. Matt smacks his lips and enjoys the apple crumble. 


Summary: If you're looking for a nice range in particular for gluten free options then you should check out Restaurant 317. My favourite dish was the Fettucini Boscaiola which I would recommend and why not order a pearl cocktail? 

I think there could be some minor adjustments with the over cooked octopus and the pizza base. Matt wasn't as fussed as he likes crunchy octopus and loves a good greasy pizza. Enjoy my friends, check out an established Parramatta restaurant! This gets a 3.5/5 from me :)

Price: $50ish per person


Location: 317 Church St, Parramatta


Opening Hours: 

Sunday to Thursday 11:30am to 10pm
Friday, Saturday 11:30am to 11pm


Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Restaurant 317 Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    End of lease cleaning Birrong
    End of lease cleaning Berowra Waters
    End of lease cleaning Barra Brui

    ReplyDelete