Thursday 30 October 2014

Black Star Pastry, Newtown



Black Star Pastry and their famous Strawberry and Watermelon ($7.50) cake made me drool slightly. I was also very tempted to get the Raspberry Creme Brulee Tart (picture above) but instead something else caught my eye.


 The Kaylea looked amazing at $7 which was about 20 cms in diameter (pictured above).  It's described as Valrhona hazelnut praline with caramelised mousse in a chocolate tart.  It was very rich and had lots of crunchy and mousse textures. Delicious!

I could not leave Black Star Pastry without the Strawberry and Water with Rose Scented Cream at $7.50.  As I patiently waited in line; I started to wonder what flavours would soon be erupting in my mouth. It was a mush of watermelon which is sweet, cool and mushy. The cake part is spongey, sugary and light.

I also got the very rich dark chocolate pistachio ball. It was a nice change in texture to the Kaylea tart and the Strawberry and Water with Rose Scented Cream cake.  Be ready for rich and amazingly sugary surprise.

It's a tiny cafe so I suggest you go take away.  Delicious!


Prices: Mini-cakes are between $6 to $7.50

Location: Near Newtown station, 277 Australia St, Newtown

Black Star Pastry on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment