Thursday 3 September 2015

Figtree Churrasco, Mayfield - Newcastle

Figtree Churrasco is my favourite Churassco restaurant! Located in the Gateway Inn, you would have never guessed such a gem exists. I came here last year and had been thinking how great the meal was so I had to come back.

I would recommend getting the Churrasco menu. For $69 per person, you will get a selection of entrees, sides, several cuts of meat off and dessert. Below are some of the entrees including bread with hummus, rice arancini ball and bread with a tomato sauce.



I would suggest hold off eating too much bread as you will have a lot of food to come. It will be very hard to resist the seasoned spuds though as they are so delicious. (Pictured below), I always sneak in a few potatoes throughout the meal.



Below are also three sauces to accompany the meat to come. There is a salsa verde, figtree bbq sauce and finally a habanero sauce. There is also a side salad which is covered in mayo.


Now let's talk meat! The churrasco will change occasionally however on this instance, I had




For dessert, there are churros with warm butterscotch sauce and cream and roasted nuts. It was divine but I was quite full. The waitress I had last time said after the entire meal, if you wanted seconds on any of the meat dishes then this was possible. On this occasion, the waitress said you could have seconds of specific dishes if there was enough. On this particular night, it seemed quite busy so it didn't look like it was going to happen.

I suppose this is the one key differentiating factor from other churrasco restaurants as there is always unlimited meat on offer.


Overall, another great experience. I love this place, come back :) Just be wary that you may not get the unlimited meat depending on the night unlike other churrasco restaurants.

Prices: $69 per person for food, drinks are additional 

Location: 26 William St, Mayfield, NSW (Near Newcastle) 

Contact: 02 4903 6393

Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 8/10 for posh dining
Customer Service: 8/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 7/10


Click to add a blog post for Figtree Churrasco on Zomato

1 comment: