Tuesday 29 September 2015

Umami, Sydney CBD



I noticed Umami, just off Bathurst St in Town Hall.  On a cold winter's day, I was feeling quite unwell and looking for a soupy udon to make my insides feel better.  It was relatively busy and most people ordered off the special lunch menu. I also notice a wicked cat looking over the restaurant.


There is complimentary barley tea which is bitter, strong and mildly refreshing. I ordered the seafood udon ($15, below). While the Udon looked amazing, topped with prawns, calamari and seaweed; the broth was quite disappointing. The broth was quite watery and flavourless.  The noodles and seafood were fine. So I'm thinking the zomato score of 3/5 is a bit generous. I'm thinking more 2.5/5.

I'll have to come back to see how the rest of the menu fares. 


Click to add a blog post for Umami on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment