Monday 3 October 2016

Bun Me, Rhodes


I saw a new eatery in the Rhodes Food court called Bun me. I've been hoping for more Vietnamese options in the area so I was eager to check it out.
The internet tells me that this is a chain with a few locations across Sydney. This is my first time so I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm of Vietnamese descent and love traditional Vietnamese food however I am noticing more westernised Vietnamese restaurants such as roll'd.  


I decide to order the chicken banh mi roll ($7.60) and I make it a meal ($3.90) so you can add a drink and your choice of spring rolls or sweet potato chips. I quickly realise that there are sweet potato chips on the menu and mentally put Bun Me into the category of Vietnamese Westernised food.

The chicken roll is a nice sandwich but not quite the traditional version I was craving. The spring rolls are really nice and crunchy. It was quite a filling lunch.

I may have to just resign to the fact that these versions are more popular with the masses. At least it makes Vietnamese cuisine to the masses.


Summary: Bun Me provides westernised Vietnamese street food. The chicken roll and spring roll meal is quite filling. 

Price: $10-15 per person

Location: Food court, 1 Rider Boulevard, Rhodes, NSW


Opening Hours: 9am to 6pm daily



Summary: Lisa's Rating: Check it out if like Vietnamese food with a more milder palette
Food: 7/10 for Food Court 
Customer Service: N/A - Food court
Atmosphere: N/A - Food court
Value: 7/10





Bun Me Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment