Friday 28 October 2016

Soffritto, Enmore - NOW CLOSED


Have you been to Soffritto in Enmore? Did you know their signature dish is their duck ravioli which has been on the menu from the very beginning.. I get to find out why this is their signature dish.



I'm invited to a food safari by True Local and the main event is at Soffritto. It was a nice night meeting new people who all love food. We start the meal with a glass of wine and some shared entrees. I sample olives, polenta chips, sliced meat, bread and fried crunchy herb and garlic frittos.



I wish MW was with me, he would have loved the meaty platter below with the frittos.




The beetroot and carrot salad ($18, above) with horse radish sauce is a great side dish for sharing. It's very homely, the dish is perfectly cooked and the sauce has a slight kick. I love beetroot so this dish was great for me.




The highlight of the night has to be watching head chef and Owner, Matt Green make his signature dish - the duck ravioli.  His down to earth and friendly nature makes the demonstration really enjoyable to watch.



There's also an opportunity for some of the True Local Safari people to test their duck ravioli talents as well. With some better looking than others! I'll stick  to Matt Green's ravioli - LOL



The ravioli is so delicious (main portion is $29). The duck ravioli has a sage and balsamio sauce and is topped with cheese. This is their signature dish and has been on the menu since Soffritto opened. The duck is so tender and moist. It's a very much melt in your mouth dish. I would def recommend this dish!!!!!



The roast fillet of beef wrapped in pancetta with mushrooms and garlic spinach ($31, below) is also another popular main. The beef was cooked well and the saltiness of the pancetta contrasted well with the beef.




I was also eyeing off some of the other mains like the quail ($31). The boned and roast quail is stuffed with pork sausage and dry figs with white polenta. The girl next to me says she's not a fan as the quail is quite dry and the pork sausage within even more dry. 

However some of the other people who ordered the quail say they it was lovely and they loved it! 



I order the roast barramundi with cauliflower puree, broccolini and garlic breadcrumbs ($30, above). The skin is slightly crunchy and the fish is well cooked.  I like the crumble over the puree. It adds a bit of texture to the meal. 

I quite enjoy my meal.



Finally, the meal is finished off with a tiny morsel of chocolate mousse. It was lovely! 

Soffritto would make for a nice dimly lit romantic date venue or a quiet venue for friends to catch up. Nice.

Overall, I had a really nice meal at Soffritto and the True Local team did a really good job of organising the food safari. Lovely!



Weekend Food Ecapes was dined as guests of True Local. All words, opinions and photos are my own.

Soffritto Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment