Tuesday 13 December 2016

Sicilian, Parramatta and First Table




Do you like my video? I'm new to making videos!!

Sicilian in Parramatta has been around for 14 years. I visit this Italian institution and only pay 50% of the food bill via a new website I found called First Table.
I love a good bargain so when I recently found out a way to save on my dinner bills, I thought - why not?


I signed up to First Table and searched through the restaurants. I booked in a table at Sicilian in Parramatta which costs $10 however I knew I was going to get 50% off my food bill so it was going to be worthwhile. It was quite easy and quick to do.

Note that the 50% doesn't apply to drinks. All the available tables are naturally available at 5 or 6pm which would be the first table. It was really easy to do so I highly recommend it using First Table.

I'm really proud of Sicilian as this eatery has been around for so long and while many other restaurants come and go - Sicilian has been able to stand the test of time. MW and I have both grown up in the area but haven't visited this restaurant as adults. Lots of families and groups enter Sicilian including kids. I saw huge tables out back for big groups. 

We start off with a shared entree of low carb buratta cheese ($19.90) which is served with rocket, figs, dried cherry tomatoes, crackers and a balsamic vinegar drizzle. It's a refreshing entree for the warmer weather. 




MW orders a fat yak and I order a glass of pinot grigio to eat with dinner. I order the fettucini gamberi ($27.90) which is a generous portion of pasta in a tomato and subtle chilli based sauce with rocket, tomato and prawns. There is a generous amount of pasta as well as prawns.

This is a homely dish and the pasta is fresh. 





MW goes for the Vegetariano pizza (Below, $23.90) which is rare as MW is a big meat eater. He enjoys the authentic pizza base which is topped with zucchini, sun dried tomatoes, eggplant, roasted capsicum, mozzarella on a tomato base. Sicilian has a giant pizza oven which helps create that delicious baked taste.



There's always room for dessert however MW and I are quite full so we share dessert. We agree to order the chocolate and pistachio slice ($12). It's a flourless chocolate sponge with pistachio ganache, almond dacquis, caramel curd and chocolate mousse. It's also served with caramel and macademia gelato.
The slice is delicious and hits my tastebuds to heavenly chocolate bliss. The base is soft and MW suggests this dish could be improved with a crunchier base. I agree although this wouldn't detract me from ordering the dish.





Summary: I found Sicilian to be a really great, homely family restaurant with generous portions and with great customer service. I was even more happy when I only had to pay 50% of the food bill via First Table

Price: I only paid $42 for the food bill for two people. I paid for drinks separately. This would normally be $80-$100

Location: 
292 Church St, Parramatta

Opening Hours: 11am to 10pm daily

Weekend Food Escapes dined anonymously at Sicilian as guests of First Table. All words, photos and opinions are my own. 



Sicilian Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. I lovedCleaning Services Adelaide the manner in which you introduced your data, You should keep dispersing obliging subjects thus, it's extraordinarily charming and astoundingEnd of lease cleaning Services | End of lease cleaning Services Adelaide and rejoice in light of that the audit is outstandingly valuable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious foods, amazing content, what a perfect combination. Thank you! arborist Winston Hills

    ReplyDelete