Friday 30 December 2016

Gozleme King, Rhodes


Gozleme is a popular dish that I usually eat at festivals or at an event but I've noticed Gozleme King is fast expanding across Sydney. I try it for the first time in Rhodes.



For those who don't know what gozleme is, it's a traditional turkish dish which consists of a thin, soft flat bread that is dusted with butter and eggs and filled with toppings. You often see gozlemes at a kebab shop. Sometimes they are quite oily and bready.

The best gozlemes are light, fluffy and the filling should be the main attraction. As I've had a few drinks the night before, I opt for gozleme with the LOT.

The gozleme has feta cheese, english spinach, traditional beef and mushroom. It's mighty tasty I have to say. The bread is thin, fluffy as anticipated and all the filling comes together. Each gozleme is also made fresh to order. 



I also opt for a baklava (they have a few different flavours) but I choose this chocolate snickers looking one. It's not bad, the baklava didn't taste as freshly made as hoped. It wasn't flakey.

In summary, I'd come back for the gozleme! One has just opened up in Darling Harbour as well. 





Gozleme King Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment