Saturday 10 December 2016

1606 Luis De Torres, Rhodes




1606 Luis De Torres has been lighting up instagram with their famous light bulb drinks. I drop by this little cafe to see what else they had on the menu and to try one of the light bulb drinks.

 1606 Luis De Torres is a very clean, white, modern looking cafe with comfortable couches at the back. This little cafe  - 1606 Luis De Torres has a very simple menu and given I arrive at brunch, it seems like a good opportunity to order a bit of breakfast and lunch. I am a local to Rhodes so I have actually walked past 1606 Luis De Torres a few times but this was my first time dining in.






The menu is a mix of cafe favourites as well as fusion dishes. MW is eager to try the breakfast burger ($9.5, top photo and below) at 1606 Luis De Torres which has scrambled eggs, caramelised onion, mozzarella cheese and a spicy mayo on a brioche bun. 

The fluffy scrambled eggs and the cheese are a match made in heaven if you are looking for a naughty breakfast. This would be great on a day if you are hung over but it's a bit too decadent for me otherwise.





The chef also highly recommends the crumbed prawn burger ($17.50) which has a dense patty with jalapeno tartare sauce on sourdough. This is more like an open sandwich than a burger. The sauce is quite rich for me but if your tastebuds really like this combination then go for it.


My favourite dish of the morning is definitely the beef bulgogi omelette ($15) with kim chi relish, green salad and cheese bread. I absolutely love the fusion on this dish as it brings together those korean flavours. The Kim Chi relish is not too spicy but makes for a nice cut against the richness of the cheese in the omelette and the cheesey bread. I love the beef bulgogi in the omelette as well. A must order.




Last but not least, for those with active imaginations, make sure you order a light bulb drink. Above is the Blue Hawaii which is a lemonade-based drink. I also try a chai latte to find my zen this particular morning and am quite impressed with the creaminess.

Summary: Overall, I quite enjoy the Korean Fusion element in this cafe. The dishes that I tried are quite rich in cheese or sauces so be aware if you are on a health kick, some of the dishes were a bit too much for me. I love that bulgogi omelette though. Check it out if you want something different.

Price: $10-$20ish per main

Location: 7/7 Rider Blvd, Rhodes (right near the station on the way to the shopping centre)


Opening Hours: 7am to 10pm daily (11pm on Friday and Saturday nights).


Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of 1606 Luis Torres. All photos, words and opinions are my own.





1606 Luis de Torres Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment