Tuesday 20 December 2016

Zest Grill House, Rooty Hill


Zest Grill House in Rooty Hill seems to be really popular but I'm not really sure why.  I saw an epic line of 50 people waiting - I don't think it's worth waiting in line which we did for about 30 minutes before we ordered. Then it probably took another 30 minutes before the food was served.


I'm not familiar with the area so perhaps there is not much competition. I though the food was average. I thought the food was on par with an average pub grub.





The lord nelson beer was served at room temperature. The calamari was not bad at $14.50.




The schnitz was $16.90. The crumb was a bit soft so another minute or two of cooking it would have been better



Steaks range from 150g beef steak at $12.50 to $24.90. It's a decent portion which sits on a bed of chips and onion rings. MW though the steak was not bad.



I tried the black angus burger ($16.90). This burger was alright but with all the fierce competition in Sydney, I was convinced that I wouldn't be back. The burger was not tasty.





No comments:

Post a Comment