Wednesday 21 December 2016

Izakaya Fujiyama, Surry Hills


One of my old school friends had moved to Surry Hills so I went to his hood. We went for a quick walk and ended up at Izakaya Fujiyama. 

AH and I sit down in the dimly lit restaurant and start catching up as it's been months since I've seen AH. We begin chatting away and cheers!!

Our first dish is off the specials menu which is the Yellow Fin Tail Tataki ($16.50, below) which is more like a sashimi with spring onion. It was missing a sauce of some sort or marinade. This was my least favourite dish of the night.





Next up is Kingfish Nuta ($16.50). I quite like this small hill of kingfish as it's marinated in a lime and miso sauce and is accompanied by a fried crunchy bread. It's full of flavour and the crunch from the bread is a nice contrast. I think this dish tasted even better because the first dish was lacking in sauce.




The next dish is my favourite of the night. It's the smoked grilled octopus ($17.50) that captures my tastebuds this evening. It's the smokey flavours of the perfectly grilled octopus with the herbs that really come together. I only wish they served a slightly larger portion.





To finish off our meal, AH and I share some KFC ($13.50). I love some Korean Fried Chicken!! The chicken is lovely with crunchy textures on the outside and nice and moist chicken on the inside. A great way to finish the meal. 

Overall, I enjoyed my meal at Izakaya Fujiyama. I think some of the portions are a bit smaller than anticipated but it's a nice venue for a romantic dinner or a relaxing night with friends. 

It's a nice up market Izakaya (Japanese pub snacks). 




Izakaya Fujiyama Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment