Thursday 18 January 2018

Hide and Seek Cafe, Leichhardt - NOW CLOSED


 Hide and Seek Cafe is located in Leichhardt and has a simple menu. We all need a bit more simplicity in this complex world. The breakfast menu is served all day which is great if you like a good sleep in.
Hide and Seek Cafe is located on the main strip of Norton St. Owner Brendan Lee tells me that the cafe has been here for about a year and they have simplified the menu. 

Matt and I come in for a Sunday brunch. As I enter, another customer is leaving with a big uber eats bag. I wondered if he had a big night or is just bringing breakfast back for someone special. 



Matt orders a Mango smoothie ($7.50, above) and I order a green shrek smoothie ($8, below) which has kale, spinach, banana, coconut milk and honey. You can taste the fibre and I hope that my body is enjoying this nourishing drink.






The Corn Fritter Stack ($16.95, $4 for avocado)  has a crispy and mildly spicy stack of corn fritters served with smoked hickory bacon, spicy tomato sauce with rocket. I love corn fritters where you can actually see real corn pieces. I think avo, bacon and corn is a perfection combination. I really enjoyed this breakfast. Do you like corn fritters?

Above is a photo I took on my iphone in the sun and Matt's official shot is below on his camera.




Matt often orders the Breakfast Burger wherever we are so I wasn't so surprised when he ordered the same this time. The Breakfast Burger ($12.95) has a vegetarian or meat option. Matt goes for the meat version which has Chorizo, Onion jam, garlic aioli, spinach and egg. The long chunky sticks of chorizo naturally go well with the egg, onion jam and sauce. 




The Coconut Chia Pudding ($13.75) has superfood coconut milk chia, honey, house made granola and berry compote. I absolutely love chia and find this particular coconut milk version really delicous. The crunchy bits of gronola add a nice contrasting crunch along with the plump blue berries.  I could eat this every day!



There's a kids play area at the back and the adults area are at the front and the side of the venue. 

Summary: Hide and Seek is a nice cafe in Leichhardt. I thought all the dishes were great and I'm glad there's an all day breakfast option!  Definitely order the chia pudding or the corn fritters. 

Price: $13-20 for most dishes


Location: 102 Norton St, Leichhardt


Opening Hours: 8am to 3pm daily. Closed on Monday






Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.


Hide and Seek Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    End of lease cleaning Darlinghurst
    End of lease cleaning Newtown
    End of lease cleaning Botany

    ReplyDelete