Thursday 25 January 2018

Basket Brothers, Parramatta


Matt and I head into North Parramatta for some brunch at Basket Brothers. I love a good brunch, particularly on a Sunday. It's quite busy as I walk in but we manage to get a table inside. The decore at Basket Brothers is modern and clean. I notice the big board that says Basket Brothers and the hanging hipster lights.




Basket Brothers is located in North Parramatta, among the shops near Coles. I love a good brunch so I was hoping for a nice experience.

I look at the menu and the staff tell me that the signature is the Smoked Brisket Hash ($17.50) which has slow cooked for 12 hours beef brisket, potato, carrot, fried egg, wild rocket, aioli, jalapeno salsa on sourdough. That jalapeno salsa lingers and actually cuts leaving a spicy tang on your tongue. That brisket is incredibly tender and moreish and is drenched in a sweet home made bbq sauce. The fried egg is so beautiful. This dish is delicious!




Basket Brothers also has a range of shakes and Matt orders the Death by Chocolate ($9)  which is made of chocolate, nutella, vanilla ice cream with oreos. Yasss It's delicious an those mino oreos make for a nice crunch.



I go for the Green Freshness Juice ($8) which has kale, spinach, cucumber, apple and lemon. I thought I tasted hints of carrot though but I could be mistakened. Matt is not very impressed by kale so he always avoids the green juice but I really like it. It's refreshing and is balanced enough so it's still tasty to drink.


 For those who are more health conscious, you may want to order the Brother's Berries Goodness ($13) which has acai, assorted berries, chia seeds, mixed nuts, banana, seasonal fruit and shreaded coconut. I really enjoyed this refreshing breakfast as it was a warm day. I love blueberries and enjoyed this big smoothie bowl. 

Finally, I'm told that Basket Brothers has various weekend specials and on this particular day, it's a BBQ platter with chicken wings, fries, little sliders and a side salad. Matt gets straight into the sliders where as I start with the chicken wings. The chicken wings are quite nice although Matt comments saying he wishes they were a bit more saucey like the beef brisket. I thought the platter was quite nice to share.



Summary: So if you're in the area of North Parramatta; head to Basket Brothers for some brunch or some lunch. They are licensed so you could have a cheeky beer.

I'd definitely recommend the brisket dish and ordering one of the smoothies. If you want to be healthy, the acai bowl or the granola might be the way to go. Make sure you ask about the specials as well. 

Price: $15-25 per person


Location: 7/20 Victoria Rd, Parramatta


Opening Hours: 

Monday to Friday 6:30pm to 3:30pm
Weekends 7:30am to 3:30pm

Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Basket Brothers Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed Basket Brothers (Surry Hills) when I visited a few years back. (I'm assuming they're owned by the same people). The brisket was better than a few reputable 'BBQ'places, which I was pleasantly surprised by. Even the burger was great! Will have to check out the Parra cafe.

    ReplyDelete