Monday 1 January 2018

Green Peppercorn, Fairfield


Green Peppercorn is known for delicious Thai food in Fairfield - the original venue. The venue has since expanded into the city. It's quite a large venue in Fairfield but still has a big line on the weekend. 
I head here on a weeknight so getting a table is quite easy. There's already quite a few tables filled as it opens up on this particular Wednesday evening. We order a few dishes to share because that's just how I roll.

We start with chicken satay skewers ($11.90 for 4). The chicken is drenched in satay sauce which is nice so you don't have to dip your own skewer and compete for sauce. This means it's approximately $3 per skewer which is a bit dearer compared to a few of my local Thai restaurants. It's a nice skewer to eat otherwise.




We also share the beef masamam ($18.90) which has tender chunks of beef in a mild and subtly sweet curry with potato  and cashew nuts. The curry is smooth and is very homely. 



I also order a Pad See Ewe ($13.90) which is flat rice noodles in a soy based sauce with vegetables, egg and chicken. As I love rice noodles, I mostly eat this dish rather than the beef masamam. The noodle dish is well seasoned and has a nice balance of vegetables and noodles.




For dessert, we order a special which has mango sago cubes, custard and mango sorbet which MW really enjoys while I take more of an interest in the Black sesame creme brulee. I normally get the green tea version but wanted something different. Both versions are good. Dessert is probably the highlight for me. 

Summary: Green Peppercorn is a reliable and consistent venue for Thai food. The dishes are authentic in taste and the desserts were delicious. Check it out and book if you can - especially on the weekends to avoid waiting.

Price: $30ish pp


Location: 1-3 Hamilton Rd, Fairfield (near the station)


Opening Hours: 

Monday to Sunday 11am to 3pm, 5:30pm to 9pm (later close at 11pm on Friday and Saturday nights)


Green Peppercorn Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. Looks tasty. I've wanted to try this one because I hear it has some Lao dishes on the menu too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    Spring cleaning Pyrmont
    Spring cleaning Mascot
    Spring cleaning

    ReplyDelete