Monday 25 February 2019

Mr Stonepot, Chatswood


After a random walk around Chatswood, I stumbled upon a queue of people at Mr Stonepot and decided that it was now on my list to try. The restaurant at Chatswood is located within a random shopping centre opposite Westfields. Within the shopping centre, there's a food court sort of area where they can serve you or you can also sit inside the restaurant.

As Matt and I are in Chatswood on this particular day, we decide to eat at Mr Stonepot and we are there when it first opens where there is already a small queue! But there were no issues getting a table.



Mr Stonepot has a few entree options, Matt orders the Sweet and Sour Pork Ribs in the memory ($6.8). Matt is curious about what this means but ultimately finds out small pork ribs in a thick and mostly sweet sauce. Perhaps too sweet for his liking.

We also order the pork wonton dumplings in a red chilli oil sauce ($8.80). The sauce is more like a mild chilli broth opposed to the chilli oil that you would typically get at Taste of Shanghai. The dumpling skin is silky smooth and while the red chilli broth is quite mild, it's still pleasant to eat. I prefer the chilli oil sauce.




I also had to order some noodles from Mr Stonepot so we opt for the Stir fried noodles with pork and vegetables ($8.80). These noodles were realy tasty, thick and slurpy. I enjoyed this dish and thought it was a very good portion for the price. 


As Matt is feeling particularly experimental, we also order the Deep Fried Chicken with mango sauce. The dish comes out with battered chicken which sits on a bed of chillies, the egg shells hold a yellow looking yolk however upon closer inspection - this is where they have put the mango component! It's like a thick mango egg sauce. The battered chicken is quite nice and has a really spicy kick to it, Matt prefers the chicken without the sweet mango sauce whereas I dip the chicken into the sauce as I like the contrast of flavours. I'm not sure if this would be a regular dish that we would order but I really like the creativeness and contrast of flavours and textures. I've never had a dish like this before.





Summary: Overall I enjoyed my meal at Mr Stonepot. I'd come back and try some of their other dishes. I'll definitely be back for dumplings and noodles. Also look out for some of the dishes that you may not find in other mainstream Chinese chains.

Price: Most dishes $10+


Location: Within the Lemongrove shopping centre, 18/427-441 Victoria Ave Chatswood


Opening Hours: 

Daily 11am to 3:30pm and 5pm to 9pm




Mr Stonepot Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment: