Saturday 9 February 2019

Via Napoli, Lane Cove


This is a delayed blog post! On a quiet evening, Matt and I decide to check out Via Napoli in Lane Cove. I've been meaning to check it out for years based on tasty feedback from my friends but had yet to try it. 
It's a busy night and Matt and I are seated outside. There's lots of tables full of families and friends. I am seated next to a big family and they are sharing a big metre of pizza. I curiously look at the pizza in mild jealousy knowing that I couldn't finish a metre of pizza but the eyes always eat more than the mouth.







To start, we share the home made pappardelle luigi ragu ($30). It's served up with pork, italian sausage and beef topside ragu. The pasta is silky soft, fresh and very moreish. The tomato based sauce soaks up those sausage and ragu flavours and makes for a very homely dish. Matt comments that portion is smaller than our usual local but agrees the dish is very tasty.







Matt and I also share the Diavola Pizza ($21) which has a tomato base, cheese, hot salami, olives  and basil. The pizza base is Napoli style with soft, bready textures that soak in all the pizza toppings. I quite like the Napoli style of pizza. The toppings are simple but work well together from a flavour combination perspective. Delicious!


Summary: Overall, I totally understand Via Napoli's reputation! It's delicious. It also reminds me of the delicious pizza Napoli style in at Pizzeria Alfredo. I'd definitely recommend and would suggest booking to ensure you get a table in their peak times.

Price: $20-30 for most pastas and pizzas


Location: 141 Longueville Rd, Lane Cove


Opening Hours: 

12pm to 10pm daily



Weekend Food Escapes dined anonymously and independently paid for this meal. All words, photos and opinions are my own.
Via Napoli Pizzeria Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment