Wednesday 17 February 2016

Project Cafe, Bar and Grill, Mascot


Project Cafe, Bar and Grill is a bit of a hidden gem. I've got the insight into the best dishes to order.



Project Cafe, Bar and Grill is a Modern Italian restaurant in Mascot. Project Cafe, Bar and Grill's decore is rustic and homely. Chef Andreas Assenza has 15 years of experience all over the world and along with his wife, pastry chef Natsume Tahara make a dynamic duo. 

I pop by for some lunch and decide to go with all the chef's recommendations. It's good to get out of your comfort zone as I may have gone with some of the other offerings on the menu. Thanks to his suggestions, now I know the best flavour combinations.


To start off, I have something from the antipasti menu.  The above dish of Burrata cheese, heirloom tomato, black olive crumble on caponatina ($22, above and top photo) was so fresh tasting. The burrata cheese was creamy and milky with smooth textures. The combination of cheese and caponatina (medley of vegetables in a light sauce) was so refreshing. A definite recommend. It's not something I'd normally order but I'm glad I did. It was lovely.

The perfect accompanying entree is the caramelised garlic focaccia, rosemary oil with pink salt ($8, below and top photo). It's such a simple dish in theory but there was something really tasty about the crispy bread with garlic, rosemary and salt. It's a another must order dish. These two dishes together were the perfect way to start the meal.



I also had one of the specials which was a share plate of King Prawn, fennel and orange salad with pistachio ($37, above and below). The prawns were massive and very meaty.  The prawns are beautifully barbequed and with the orange and fennel created a very refreshing taste. This could easily be a main as well if you are a prawn fan.



I was surprised at the creative flavour combinations in this dish of lemon and ricotta raviolli ($25, above and below) with eggplant emulsion and baby beetroots.  This is a lighter pasta dish with zesty lemon flavours with the savoury flavours of ricotta, eggplant and beetroot.  I quite liked this dish, the lemon flavours are strong - not subtle which is nice.

It's a lighter pasta dish so I would suggest you order some entrees if you are hungry. If you are looking for a light lunch then this would be perfect.



For dessert, I had the cream puff with madagascar vanilla bean cream with berry and orange compote ($8, above and below). O M G this was an amazing dessert. The crust of the cream puff is soft and the vanilla bean cream is so smooth. It was a delightful party in my mouth.

You know when you have a nice dessert and you are still thinking about it for hours after because it was so delicious? It's a foodgasm that keeps on giving. I absolutely love this dessert. A massive recommend.

Overall, I had such a nice lunch at Project Cafe, Bar and Grill. It's obscure location means it's somewhat of a hidden gem. If this eatery was in the city, I think there would be a massive queue lining up.  Maybe skip the crowded areas of Newtown and the city and head over to Project Cafe, Bar and Grill in Mascot. I love finding hidden gems! 

Stop by and ask for some recommendations on the menu - I absolutely enjoyed all the dishes. Love it <3. 


Project Cafe Bar & Grill Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Weekendfoodescapes dine as a guest of Project Cafe, Bar and Grill, courtesy of Atticism PR. All photos, opinions, words are my own.

1 comment: