Friday 8 April 2016

Jimmy's Recipe, Sydney CBD

KNOWN FOR DELICIOUS, WARM, HOT BROTH NOODLE SOUP DISHES i.e LAKSA Baby. HAR MEE! On a cooler, rainy day, I decide to head to Jimmy's Recipe in the Galleries for lunch with a friend.


When I arrive, it's completely packed to the brim full of hungry customers. I head in the upper area where there's more seating and keep my eye out for a seat. My friend lines up and orders for the both of us. Most dishes seem to be about $10 for a decent sized bowl of soupy, noodley goodness.

I had an amazing Har Mee in Singapore that was really zesty, full of lime flavours and deep prawn flavours so I was hoping for a similar experience at Jimmy's Recipe. My friend opted to order the chicken laksa as he had been craving a spicy coconut experience. The Chicken Laksa ($9.50, below) was quite nice topped with strips of chicken, tofu and bean sprouts. The coconut milk based broth is not too spicy. The thin vermicelli noodles go well with the laksa broth.


The Har Mee ($10, top photo and below photo) was very flavoursome but not as zesty as the one I had in Singapore. The broth is clear but you can tell it's been soaking in prawn flavours for hours. The Har Mee is topped with greens, egg, chicken and a prawn. It's not bad for $10. It certainly is better than most Malaysian places in the food court that would charge a similar price for a Laksa or Har Mee.

Check it out!


Jimmy's Recipe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    End of lease cleaning Sydney
    End of lease cleaning
    Spring cleaning Surry hills

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking CBD Recipes before you go to bed can significantly improve your quality of sleep. Many of us deal with similar issues when faced with the night. Facing thoughts, physical discomfort, restlessness, etc.

    ReplyDelete