Saturday 2 April 2016

Smokkim Korean BBQ, Rhodes


THAT SNOW KOREAN FRIED CHICKEN!! Smokkim Korean BBQ is located in Rhodes. I stopped by for dinner.
It's actually quite busy when I head to Smokkim Korean BBQ. It's located within the shopping district in Rhodes which is known for Ikea. I see a lot of people opting to go with the Korean BBQ where they provide all the raw meat, sides and vegetables. I've come by for lunch before and it was quite nice. 

I opt to just order off the ala cart menu this evening. I was looking at Korean Fried Chicken menu and had been keen to try the snow cheese chicken. I opt for half a portion though. The snow cheese chicken ($18, half portion which was about 8 pieces) was crunchy and coated in a cheesey powder. It was a bit different and I quite liked it. Too much of this chicken might make you feel a bit ill but a few pieces is a delight.

I also ordered the Korean Kim Chi Pancake is essentially a kim chi pan cake/omelette ($15, below). The pancake had chunks of kim chi which added spice. Overall though, the pancake was a bit oily and was crunchy around the edges. The sauce was a light fish sauce. I'm not sure if I'd order this one again.


Overall, I had a nice experience at Smokkim. Some of the staff don't speak English that well so I would speak very clearly when ordering unless you are a korean native. I will have to come back to check out the Korean BBQ at some point.

Prices: $30ish per head

Location: Inside Rhodes Shopping Centre, 1 Rider Blvd, Rhodes

Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 6/10 for casual dining (Kim Chi Pancake dragged the score down)
Customer Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 7/10 

Smokkim Korean BBQ Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment