Tuesday 11 October 2016

Bare Grill, Surry Hills


I'm so excited that Bare Grill has expanded to another location in Surry Hills. Their original store in La Perouse always had long queues for their delicious and famous burgers (I know people travelled for these burgers) but now they can venture out to Surry Hills.



If you have been living under a rock, Bare Grill has hit the Sydney burger scene with a big POW. My original experience was wonderful. Click here to see photos from the original venue.


Bare Grill's new venue in Surry Hills is right across from the Beresford and is also licensed so you can enjoy a few beers with your burgers before having a night out in Surry Hills.

MW and I enjoy a few mountain goat beers with today's meal. I start off with some EPIC fries. These fries are pretty epic (Top photo, $15) with chunks of pulled pork, lashings of smokey BBQ sauce, chipotle sauce and spring onions on crunchy waffle fries. EPIC and DELICIOUS. I highly recommend these fries.



I'm also a sucker for onion rings so I order the crunchy and light onion rings ($10, below). I think chips and onion rings are the perfect side to a good burger. I like that crunccch.



I'm tempted to get the fighting cock fighter burger but I want to try something different so I go for the Bare Burger ($12). The Bare Burger has a beef patty with american cheddar, caramelised onions, tomato, bare sauce on a milk bun. This is a classic beef burger combination. The beef patties are so tender and the mix of flavours is sooo delicious. Awesome burg and highly recommended.



I slurp down a cider and MW drinks a bit more of the mountain goat beer. 


MW is also keen to try a different dish so he orders the Philly Cheese Steak ($13) which has shredded flank steak, caramelised onion, american cheddar, capsicum, mushroom, bare sauce on a milk bun hot dog roll. I love that melted cheesey blanket on top of the steak. 



The Bare Grill venue in Surry Hills is much more spacious with more tables to accommodate their hungry customers. I also like that you can order alcohol so you can add this to lunch or dinner.

Summary: Overall, my experience in Bare Grill in Surry Hills was very enjoyable. It's much more closer to where I live than La Perouse so next time I am craving a burger fix, I'll head to Bare Grill. Make sure you order those EPIC fries with any burger. They really add to the meal.

Price: $10-$17 for most burgs, or you can take the death by  burger challenge ($45).

Location: 15/417 Bourke St, Surry Hills


Opening Hours: 11am to 12am daily




Weekendfoodescapes dined as guests of Ompty. All words, photos and opinions are my own.

Bare Grill Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment