Wednesday 5 October 2016

BurgerFuel, Newtown


I try Burger Fuel for the first time. There's quite a high rating on zomato however I've heard mixed feedback from some of my fellow food bloggers. So I basically have high and low expectations coming into Burger Fuel!!



I was invited to Burger Fuel as part of a Food Critics and Bloggers Association event. It was nice to meet a bunch of new people but it was still a relatively small event. The phone camera eats first (above photo).

MW orders the Bacon BBQ roaster ($15, below). It's a 100% pure grass fed beef with streaky bacon, smoked cheddar and crispy battered onion rings.





The group agrees that the best side is probably the shared mixed fries (above, $11). The mix fries consist of thick cut spud and kumara fries with aioli, chipotle and BBQ sauces. 

I also tried some of the motobikes (8 for $7) which are crumbed pumpkin, carrot, chickpea and ginger bites with lemon aioli or chipotle aioli dip. I'm not quite a fan so I'll stick to the mixed fries.



The highlight is the cornflake charger ($15, above) which is the crispy fried cornflake chicken cooked in duck fat, streaky bacon, melted cheddar and truffle aioli. I think this burger is awesome. The chicken is crunchy and moist.  The truffle aioli that's on the burger is addictive. I start dipping the chips into the truffle aioli. 

MW's burger Bacon BBQ roaster  is not bad but we both agree that the stand out is the Cornflake Charger.



Overall and in summary - The other sides were not bad. I quite liked my Cornflake Charger burger but all the other sides and MW's Bacon BBQ roaster was not quite as good as some of the other burger joints I've been to.

Some of my fave burger joints are


Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of FCBA. All words, photos and opinions are my own.

BurgerFuel Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment