Sunday 2 October 2016

Sushi Hub, Central Sydney CBD


Apparently it's the 10 year anniversary for Sushi Hub in October 2016. Happy Birthday!! They have some competitions going on throughout October 2016 if you're keep to one of 27,600 prizes including a trip to Japan, sushi donuts or other food prizes. I love Japan. I hope I win.

I have been eating more sushi and sashimi recently for lunch. It makes me feel a bit lighter. I go for a walk to Sushi Hub in central and an epic long line at Sushi Hub. You know that the produce must be fresh as they go through massive turn over. 


I didn't realise they had so many stores in NSW.  There's like 5 city locations which is handy as I realise there's a few other locations closer to my work.

There was an epic line of about 20 people when I arrive at Central Sushi Hub. Sushi Hub must go through massive amounts of fish and seafood. There's a sushi train at the Central Sushi Hub as well.



MW goes for the Salmon Lovers box (above) as Salmon is his favourite. I personally prefer ordering a few of the nigiri (below) to take away. I always get the scallop nigiri, salmon nigiri, eel nigiri and a vegetable tempura nigiri. 

I also eye off the sushi sandwich (below left, $2.50) as it's quite creative. Scallop is my favourite though.


Most people in line I notice are ordering the sushi rolls (they range from $2.70-2.90). They make for a good snack and are reasonably priced. These sushi rolls remind me of the good old university days where I would live on sushi rolls. These days I try and order brown rice sushi with salmon and avo as I feel like it's a healthier option.


I also like that Sushi Hub have sashimi options as well so if you want to avoid rice then you can. I always eat the salmon and kingfish and leave the tuna to MW. 

Summary: If you study or work nearby, check it out Sushi Hub in Central for a quick lunch or dinner on the go. They have fresh sushi available due to the high turn over of customers and make sure you check their website for the October birthday celebrations

Price: $2.70ish for sushi rolls, $10-14 for the nigiri boxes

Location: 2/815-825 George St, Central (right across from Railway Square)


Opening Hours: 8am to 10pm Mon-Fri, 8am-9:30pm Sat-Sun



Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of Ompty. All photos, words and opinions are my own.

Sushi Hub Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment