Saturday 17 December 2016

Plump Duck, Sydney CBD


Plump Duck is the latest addition in World's Square and is best known for their Pekking Duck. The venue is quite extravagant and sleek in decore. If you are looking for a fine dining Chinese experience then this is the place 



I head upstairs where I see a gorgeous tiny little art piece that has been hand made in China. There's also a feature wall with tea pots.




I cheers to my fellow foodies over a nice glass of the Fat Bastard Pinot Noir (2014) from the Marlborough region in New Zealand. The first course is the signature Plump Duck Peking duck with pancakes, sweet bean paste, mustard sauce, cucumber and red onion. It's absolutely delicious and I love the pickled cucumber which adds a nice dimension. The mix of the sweet bean paste and mustard sauce is a nice balance.

There is a significant process in which the pekking duck is prepared including cleaning, air blown, dipped in boiling water, hung in a windy fan room, dehumidified and air conditioned. THEN the Pekking duck is frozen for 50 days. This is all before it's cooked in a special oven.This will set you back $98 for a whole duck or $49 for the half portion.






 I also sampled the lightly pan fried and grilled glacier 51 toothfish (above) with tropical fruit sauce. One of my favourites of the night was the Fried Rice with mushrooms and black truffle. It was DELICIOUS! There is a very strong truffle flavour and mushrooms do well to soak up those flavours. This truffle fried rice dish will set you back $42. 

A must have for truffle lovers.



The favourite of the night for many foodies was the mild and fragrant curry with prawns, zucchini and chestnuts. It's served up with a sweet and savoury bread which was perfect for dipping. There is some serious depth in flavour in this curry ($48).

My favourite of the night is the truffle parfait. It's served up with a dehydrated strawberry, crumble and fresh strawberry. I absolutely enjoyed the truffle flavours with the soft parfait texture. This is the most for value dish ($8) and I would probably order two of these to eat on my own.

Summary: If you are looking for an extravagant Chinese meal to truly impress then check out Plump Duck. Their signature Pekking Duck is absolutely delicious and I love all their truffle dishes. The stand out for me was the dessert.

This is a fine dining experience so be ready to spend some cash. They have recruited some of the best chefs to deliver the goods to you.

Price: $80-100 per person ish

Location: Shop 1041, World Square Shopping Centre, 644 George st


Opening Hours: 12pm to 3pm and 5:30pm to 12am daily


Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of Wasamedia. All photos, words and opinions are my own.


The Plump Duck Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    Spring cleaning Newtown
    End of lease cleaning Bondi Junction
    End of lease cleaning Potts point

    ReplyDelete