Monday 12 December 2016

Tim Ho Wan, Sydney CBD (NOW CLOSED)

 As  MW would say "Timmy Ho" aka Tim Ho Wan puts on a full banquet full of dumplings and other treats recently. I recently check out the George St Tim Ho Wan.



Tim Ho Wan has expanded across Sydney with multiple stores and you no longer have to wait for an hour outside their Chatswood store. Woo!!

Are you ready to witness a feast? We start off with their signature dish below.

MW is a big fan of their world famous BBQ buns and they deliver once again. The sweet crunchy shell adds additional texture to the mixture of BBQ pork that lies within. It's a great combination of sweet and savoury in one. 

I am also told that Tim Ho Wan have monthly specials. December has a cracker of specials and my favourite is the top photo of prawn filling wrapping with beetroot and wasabi tobiko topping. The wasabi is subtle but brings a nice sharpness.




Another monthly special for December is the Tom Yum goong prawn dumpling which is very different and special. The Tom Yum flavours naturally complement the prawn filling. I would definitely recommend this dish along with the pandan pudding sticks with red bean and dried apricots which is also a December special.



I love how delicate all the dumplings are cooked so that the skin is soft and all the insides are warm, moist and delicious. Above is the spinach dumplings with shrimp.

Another crowd favourite is the vermicelli noodle rolls with the sesame and peanut sauce. So simple but so delicious. I love the soft rice noodles and the mix of the satay flavours with the soy is a great combination.





My favourite desserts are typically mango sago but tonight for the first time I try the sesame rice ball with custard filling. WOW, this is so damn delicious, I wish I wasn't so full. I also really like the osmanthus jelly which is refreshing to eat.

Summary: Tim Ho Wan has a much broader menu than I first experienced. The food is delicious and there are some great dishes that you can't get elsewhere. I would definitely come back for a delicious banquet. 

If you are looking for traditional yum cha items then this is a slightly pricier restaurant and there are no carts so this may not meet your expectations there. The food is made as ordered so it's fresh.

Price: $40-50 per head

Location: 580 George St, Sydney (right next to Town Hall Station)


Opening Hours: Mon - Fri 11am to 10pm, Sat, Sun and public holidays 10:30am to 10pm




Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of Zomato as part of a Zomato meet up. All photos, opinions and words are my own.

Tim Ho Wan Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I havent any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us.
    check it out

    ReplyDelete