Wednesday 21 June 2017

Sushi Rio, Chinatown Sydney

A short stroll away from the office, I have walked past Sushi Rio many times but I've never come in. I finally join them for lunch one workday after being enticed by their $3 sushi plate sign.
As I walk in, the staff seat me at the sushi train and advise me that all plates are $3 however if I ordered a plate from the screen then it would be $3.50. The first plate I pick up a simple salmon nigiri topped with raw onions, mayo and spring onions. I dab some wasabi on the salmon flesh and dip the sushi in the soy sauce.The sushi is tasty and fresh. 



I sit for a bit longer not seeing any other plates that I want so I finally settle on a prawn tempura sushi roll. It's a crunchy prawn roll that's topped with fish eggs. The sushi is nice and meets expectations. I think of all the sushi trains I've been to recently and this is probably on par with Sushi Hotaru.



I also grab a hot plate of takoyaki octopus balls. These are my favourite ! I love the potato and octopus combination with the bonito flakes on top. They satisfy and I decide to stop there.

Summary: Overall I enjoyed my experience at Sushi Rio. I'll definitely come back. I don't think it has as much choice as Sushi Hotaru but the sushi is fresh and tasty so I have no complaints.

Price: $3 per plate weekdays for lunch. I'll have to take note of any conditions next time I walk past.


Location: 345 Sussex St, Chinatown Sydney


Opening Hours: 12pm to 10pm daily



Weekend Food Escapes dined anonymously and independently paid for this meal. All words, photos and opinions are my own.
Sushi Rio Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    BBQ cleaning
    End of lease cleaning Paddington
    End of lease cleaning Bondi

    ReplyDelete