Thursday 28 September 2017

Bodega, Surry Hills


Bodega has been on my wishlist for some time. I had heard lots of great things and my work colleague suggested we head there for a nice dinner. Nestled in Surry Hills, Bodega is a cosy little restaurant. As I want to see all the action, RR and I sit at the bar.


Bodega's menu is tapas style so everything is designed around sharing food. RR and I look through the menu and ask for some recommendations from the staff.                                                                                                                                 But first - a drink to cheers. I've been drinking a lot of full bodied red wines in Winter but as the warmer weather comes into play, I'll have to start expanding my wine palette.RR goes for a beer and we start talking all things work, life and food.                                                                                                      RR and I start off the mean with the Fish Fingers with hiramasa, charred toast, cuttlefish and mojama ($24). When one reads Fish Fingers, you typically first think of those frozen ones that are crumbed and served up as a child but these are the Adult version. 
The hiramasa kingfish is the main attraction served up on a crunchy bread finger and is a nice combination of fresh fish flesh, zesty citrus flavours and the toast which soaks up all the flavours.


Next up is the Crispy duck, scallops, chocolate mole, avocado and old bay apple ($28). It's served up like a flower with the apples making for decorative cones. For me, it's a unique pairing of duck and scallop. The duck is quite moist and well cooked. The apple adds a touch of sweetness to the dish.



Then there's the Pork, Octopus, Cabbage, Green Apple salad with jalapeno dressing ($24). This is perhaps my favourite dish of the night. The refreshing salad is surprisingly satisfying with the crunchy pieces of pork and octopus. This is a must order as a side.

Summary: For an intimate catch up with friends or family, check out Bodega for touch of Modern Australian Tapas with European influences.

Price: $40-50 per person


Location: 216 Commonwealth St, Surry Hills


Opening Hours: 

Closed Monday and Sunday
Tuesday to Thursday 6pm to 12am
Friday 12pm to 2:30pm and 6pm to 12am



Bodega Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    BBQ cleaning Mascot
    End of lease cleaning Burraneer
    End of lease cleaning Bungarribee

    ReplyDelete