Tuesday 5 September 2017

Weston Eatery, Canley Vale


I love the buzz from the Canley Vale and Cabramatta and all the Vietnamese delights that always bring my childhood to life. But for a slice of cafe life, the locals always head to the Weston Eatery. The Weston Eatery is a sleek and modern cafe that brings modern twists to cafe favourites.


I feel like I'm in the middle of Surry Hills and easily forget I'm in the Western Suburbs of Sydney. It's the smell of coffee and the sleek furnishings that make me feel like I'm in the city or inner west. I manage to snap a photo while the place is empty but within 10 minutes, the place is full so I'm glad I got there when I did early on Sunday morning. So what's on the menu at the Weston Eatery? I'm thirsty and keen on something refreshing so I start with that.   


Matt goes for the Malteaser and Honeycomb milkshake ($6). The whipped cream and crumbs of malteaser and honey comb are irresistable and Matt gets his sugary hit in the morning. He munches on the honey comb.




 I resist his drink and focus on my own - the Green House Cold Press Juice ($6.50). I'm looking for a delicious and refreshing juice and there's a nice balance with spinach, celery, ginger, green apple and lemon. I feel healthier drinking it already.



Speaking of healthy - if you're looking for healthy and nourishing then consider ordering the Cured Salmon Bowl ($18). It's a more balanced breakfast that won't leave you bloated with quinoa, cured salmon, pinenuts, radish, pickled cauliflower and sesame crackers. Matt is not wanting to be healthy today and wants a burger but I think he also appreciates the feeling after eating something more balanced and healthy. I personally love sesame crackers and salmon so I think this is a nice healthy choice.





I order the Chilli Folded Eggs ($16) which has fluffy chilli eggs with corn salsa, onion, coriander, on a grilled brioche with smoked chilli oil and maple syrup. This dish is surprisingly delicious. I often feel bored of fluffy eggs and often only eat poached eggs but these were delicious. The fluffy eggs are subtly chilli and sit on a buttery brioche bread with a sense of sweetness. The corn and coriander are ingredients that I like and same with the sweet onions. I highly recommend! Matt prefers the salmon bowl.








For dessert, Matt and I try the special Watermelon and Rose ($16). It comes out looking pretty as a picture and very elegant. There's similar features to the watermelon cake from Black Star when you see a layer of watermelon under the buttermilk panna cotta. There's also watermon, sorbet and fairy floss. It's absolutely beautiful and even more delicious. I love everything about this dish and highly recommend it.

This is one worth travelling for if you are a dessert fan.

Summary: Weston Eatery is a suburban gem and I predict expansion of this little cafe. Watch this space.

I really enjoyed the chilli eggs and the special watermelon and rose pannacotta. I highly recommend getting there early if you're going on the weekend.

Price: $15-20 for most dishes.


Location: 2/4 Canley Vale Rd, Canley Vale (right near the station)


Opening Hours: 

Monday to Thursday 6am to 9pm
Friday 6am to 10pm
Saturday 8am to 3pm, 5:30pm to 9pm
Sunday 8am to 3pm, 5:30pm to 10pm


Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of Weston Eatery. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
The Weston Eatery Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    BBQ cleaning Potts point
    End of lease cleaning Allawah
    End of lease cleaning

    ReplyDelete