Wednesday 19 September 2018

Pappa Rich, Castle Hill



Ten years ago, you would not have thought that Castle Hill was such a happening place. So many new things are now in Castle Hill, in particular the piazza and there's a metro line that will be there so it will be more accessible. I recently noticed there's so many new eateries including Gami (Korean Fried Chicken - famous from Melbourne), Betty's Burgers and Pappa Rich. There's so much going on in Castle Hill Piazza.

 

Above the Castle Hill Piazza is a games arcade called iPlay. The purple haired Sophie talks excitedly about all the fun games in the arcade. It's been so long since i've been to a games arcade but my inner child unleashes. My competitiveness also comes out as I start playing the games. Firstly, I head to the basketball hoops where Matt is able to comfortably out-shoot me.



iPlay also has this shooting game, Matt and I get out those plastic guys and aim to shoot at random animals running across the screen. It's a test of accuracy, speed and competitiveness. I manage to outshoot Matt. My skills were better than anticipated. Matt and I also indulge in a number of car racing games at iPlay. I hold the wheel thinking, I've not driven a real car for several years and this feels foreign but I enjoy the simulated car racing even though I'm not successful in winning this time.


 Our final stop at iPlay are the skill testers. Matt has an amazing talent and skill at these testers and confidently asks me which toys I want. With very few attempts, he manages to get me a Goofy toy, followed by Minnie Mouse while Donald Duck takes several attempts in the end. I have a wonderful trio, only missing Mickey Mouse who is won by another foodie. So much fun. I've forgotten how much fun game arcades are.




After working up an appetite, the foodies and I head to Pappa Rich for some lunch. We feast on a range of delicious dishes including the Nasi Lemak with comes with curry chicken, sambal prawns, rice, fried anchovies, peanuts, boiled egg and cucumber.




We also share the Sambal Spinach which has a strong grinded sambal flavour in a light soy sauce. This is a nice side among all the carbs.




We also share the Pappa Char Koay Teow. The noodles are thin and light like a pad thai. There's also pieces of fish cake, prawns, egg, beansprouts and chives. I prefer the thicker rice noodles that you get from most Malaysian restaurants in Sydney in CKTs. This dish is still pleasant to eat and the flavours are delicious.



The Crispy Chicken Skin was popular too. The Crispy chicken skin is crunchy, salty and and is addictive. This is a great dish to share. The Crispy noodles were very popular as well which lay in a gravy and also has egg, chicken, prawns and choy sum. I really like the crispy noodles as they soften in the gravy. This is typically a chinese dish and still has those gravy flavours.




To wash it all down, Matt orders an iced milo which has a nice amount of malt but is not as sweet as expected. I order a Mango Mania which is blended ice with jellies at the bottom and delicious lychees at the top. It's a nice tropical drink in warmer weather.




The final dish I share is the Roti  with Beef Redang. This is the most popular dish at the table. I like the Roti Telur Bawang as the roti has soft red onions within. The Beef Redang is very tender and delicious.

Overall I really enjoyed my time at Iplay and lunch at Papparich was nice in the Castle Hill Piazza. The locals are lucky that so many great eateries are now in Castle Hill.


Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
PappaRich Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I respect this article for the well-examined content and fantastic wording. I got and so engaged with this material that I couldn't quit perusing. I am dazzled End of lease cleaning surry hills | Bond cleaning Newtown | End of lease cleaning Sydney with your work and aptitude. Much obliged to you to such an extent.

    ReplyDelete