Thursday 7 May 2015

Bar H Dining, Surry Hills



Bar H Dining is described as a relaxed wine bar eatery on its website. I'd describe it as an up market Modern Japanese Fusion Restaurant full of delicious delights. It's a share style restaurant with small but tasty portions. 

For my last birthday, I went to Bar H Dining in Surry Hills. To start, I shared the Crisp Saltbush and chilli at $14.  It was definitely something different and a plant I am not familiar with. I quite enjoyed this as a starter.  The menu has changed since this post (I'm a bit behind on the blogging). Below ($16) is a dish on their summer menu. The picture is of a rice noodle dish with a rich, sweet soy with bonito floss. I quite liked this dish. I wouldn't mind a larger portion all to myself.




The above Calamari, mushroom, buckwheat and Shio Koji ($24) dish is also on their summer menu. It was a nice dish with a lot of moist textures. Similarly. the market sashimi is on their summer menu ($21) was quite a nice dish to share with roughly 8 pieces of king fish and topped with powered snow.



I could also not resist some Japanese Fried Chicken ($27), also on their summer menu. It was perfectly cooked with some nice crunch but juicy tender chicken on the inside.  Below is the Wagyu rump ($38) with, miso and beetroot which should also be on their autumn menu. It's a nice piece of meat but small in portion so a bit harder to share.

Overall, I had a great birthday dinner and enjoyed all the dishes. The dishes are reasonably priced for the experience but small in portion so be aware if you are hungry and sharing.  But you can always order more dishes. Book so you ensure you get a table.

Prices: $100 ish per person

Location: 80 Campbell St, Surry Hills

Contact: +61 29280 1980

Opening Hours: Mon - Sat from 6pm, Sunday Brunch, 10am to 3pm. You can also drop by for a drink


Bar H Dining on Urbanspoon Click to add a blog post for Bar H Dining on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment