Saturday 12 November 2016

Smoking Panda, Sydney CBD



I check out the Smoking Panda recently with one of my gal pals MS. We join a small group of foodies to drink and eat the night away. MS and I both love cocktails so it was a good opportunity to check out what's on offer. I've walked past the dingy pub below but I didn't realise this little bar existed above.


Smoking Panda is really close to Town Hall Station and is located upstairs on 5-7 Park St, Sydney. There are lots of colourful and fruity cocktails on offer that some of the other foodies are soaking up but I ask the staff and they recommend I try their signature cocktail.

The signature cocktail is called the smoking panda, a whisky based cocktail of smoky drambuie, bulleit bourbon, lemon juice, ginger and spiked lemon. It's smoked under a glass hut. If you like whisky and a bit of theatre then this one is for you! I love all cocktails so this one went down well.







I sample some of Smoking Panda new bar menu including the thai fish cakes. They are made from barramundi! It's a bit fishy for me as I've never really been a fan but MS really enjoys them.




My favourite dishes from the Smoking Panda bar menu were the yellow fin tuna ceviche (above). They are bitefuls of crunchy cracker base with the flavoursome yellow fin tuna. 

The other one was the smokey citrus beef pintxos. The beef (below) sits on a grilled apple. The sweetness from the apple contrasts really well with the beef!





The night quickly fades away as MS and I try more cocktails. MS enjoys the Devilish Panda which combines sweet, salty and spicy with pampero blanco rum, poire william liqueur, fresh pineapple juice and cinnamon and chilli. I opt for a passionfruit based cocktail.





For dessert, MS and I share the chef's signature finger doughnuts. The fingers are very doughy and dense so not to my palette but it's easily forgotten with another cocktail.

In summary, I'd recommend checking out Smoking Panda for a few cocktails or drinks. It's quiet enough to have a conversation with a gal friend or two. The bar stools are quite high so if you are short then watch your step!!


Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of Wasamedia. All photos, words and opinions are my own.

The Smoking Panda Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment