Monday 3 June 2019

Kobe Wagyu Yakiniku, Sydney CBD


Some of the FCBA crew and I recently check out Kobe Wagyu Yakiniku. I really enjoy eating with my FCBA crew as they are like-minded food lovers! I also enjoy meeting new people. On this occasion, we check out Kobe Wagyu Yakiniku as a group of 7. Kobe Wagyu Yakiniku is located in Sydney CBD, not far from World Square.




I walk up the stairs at Kobe Wagyu Yakiniku and see a series of booths and ordering screens. It's really nice in here. We are here for dinner so we will be enjoying the All You Can Year Dinner (5:30pm to 10:30) for $84 pp. This includes a large choice of quality meats which you cook Japanese BBQ style and other side dishes. Some dishes may cost additional. You can check via the ordering screen.

We naturally start ordering up a feast! First up is the delicious sashimi platter full of tuna, salmon, scallops, kingfish and a large dallop of wasabi. My eyes immediately light up when this platter arrives. The sashimi is so fresh and tasty, I almost forget to leave room for the Japanese BBQ.

The sashimi platter is quickly accompanied by a series of dishes including various quality cuts of wagyu meat. Matt points out the marbled fat in some of the meat and notes this is very high quality of meat. I personally love the sizzle of the meat on the central BBQ as it's the smell of cooking meat is delicious. 




There's also Fried Chicken, Marinated Crumbed sticks (I think it was some sort of vegetable) and takoyaki which we share. The chicken is Japanese Style with a crunchy coating and is served with mayonnaise. The fellow foodies take too long taking photos so I end up eating cold chicken but it's still enjoyable to eat. The marinated crumbed potato sticks are mildly sweet. The takoyaki has a nice balance of potato and squid inside. 




Now that the photos are all taken, it's now time to cook the meat. With this quality of meat, you should only cook the meat briefly on the mesh wire BBQ pitt. I quickly turn the meat and distribute the meat around the table. I like the communal feel of Japanese Yakiniku BBQ. The smell is absolutely intoxicating and is quickly complemented by beer, wine and a bit of umeshu. Delicious.



One of the dishes, which several of the FCBA foodies and Matt also really can't get enough is this Wagyu and Egg Yolk dish. I'm not brave enough to try but Matt starts raving on about how delicious this dish is. Suggest you order this one on the screen if you are a raw meat lover.


For dessert, I order the chocolate fondant with matcha ice cream. I've eaten way too much but there's always room for dessert. I enjoy the spongey chocolate cake and the contrast of the matcha ice cream.

Summary: Overall, I really enjoyed my experience at Kobe Wagyu Yakiniku. The quality of all the meat is fantastic and I enjoy all the other dishes such as the sashimi, takoyaki and fried chicken. You will have to weight up how much you eat and decide whether the $84 is worth it however if you consider the price of the meat - it would be well worth your value in a hungry group of friends.

Price: $84pp unlimited dinner


Location: Level 1, 605 George St, Sydney


Opening Hours: 
Monday to Thursday 12pm to 3pm, 5:30pm to 11pm
Friday 12pm to 3pm, 5:30pm to 12am
Saturday 12pm to 12am

Sunday 12pm to 11pm






Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Kobe Wagyu Yakiniku Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

3 comments: