Wednesday 26 June 2019

Kansai, Sydney CBD - Wynyard


This is a delayed blog post. I have a confession to make, I am a regular at Kansai and have been going here for over 10 years. I now work nearby and often frequent Kansai for a quick lunch or dinner.
Kansai is a casual Japanese Eatery, located downstairs in the Hunter arcade.

I have ordered the Green Tea Noodles with Salmon so many times, it's hard to count. It's absolutely my favourite dish but I opt for something else today. I recommend but I will be reviewing other dishes in this instance.

The photo at the top of this blog post is Sashimi Salad ($18.50) with Kansai sauce. This was my go to dish when I was calorie counting and looking to be more conscious of what I ate.  There was a nice spread of salmon sashimi, cubed tuna and cubed kingfish on a bed of garden greens and sliced avocado. The kansai sauce is a light teriyaki and sesame combination which adds flavour to the salad. 

On another night, Matt and I share the Sashimi and Sushi Platter. The platter has a series of sushi nigiri along with fresh salmon, tuna and kingfish nigiri. I really like how thickly sliced the sashimi is as I dab wasabi and dip this into the soy sauce. The sushi and sashimi taste fresh and I'm really enjoying this casual dinner after work.




I also order some Kaarage chicken ($9.80) which is Japanese fried chicken which has drizzled mayonnaise and we also squeeze a bit of lemon over the chicken. The chicken is crispy but is lacking seasoning. It's still enjoyable to eat. I also wonder if it's best to put the mayonnaise on the side.



On another occasion, I order the udon noodle soup set with katsu chicken. The Udon noodles are a little bland but they fulfil their purpose as I was looking for a soupy dish to warm me up. The crispy katsu chicken is covered in a sweet sauce which makes for a nice munch. 






Summary: Overall, I love Kansai and will continue to be a regular. I like the casual setting with the tasty, consistent and quality Japanese food. My favourite dishes will always be their green tea noodle with salmon but I also enjoy their sashimi.

Price: $20-40 pp depending on what you order.


Location: Basement level 1 Hunter St, Sydney CBD near Wynyard


Opening Hours: 

Lunch and Dinner Monday to Friday 10am to 10pm
Dinner Saturday 5pm to 10pm
Closed Sunday




Weekend Food Escapes dined anonymously and independently paid for this meal. All words, photos and opinions are my own.

Kansai Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. I am really intrigued that there is such a great amount about this article the End of lease cleaning Services | Bond cleaning Western suburbs has been uncovered and you did it so nicely.Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    End of lease cleaning Barangaroo
    End of lease cleaning Badgerys Creek
    End of lease cleaning Arndell Park

    ReplyDelete