Tuesday 23 July 2019

Tripoli, Silverwater


Photo taken on my iphone
Silverwater is largely an Industrial area however I recently learnt that there is a small residential area. I was invited to check out a little eatery called Tripoli, a pizzeria and Lebanese venue located amongst many residential houses.  I love Lebanese cuisine, having been introduced to several dishes from friends in school.
Tripoli is small venue which has a few tables but also does delivery and catering services. I think most people get take away from Tripoli.

It's a cold night, Matt and I decide to sit inside. The menu has several options including Manoosh (Lebanese style type pizza), Kefta which is a meat bread, Kaak which is  traditional sesame bread, platters and also a pizza menu. 

There's also a few exotics drinks and this basil seed drink catches my eye. Matt chooses the grape flavour while I settle on this blue mixed fruit flavour. The basil drink is very sweet and reminds me of an Asian jelly drink that I used to have when I was younger.


I take more time looking at the menu. As I am tempted to try a bit of everything, I settle on the All Day Sharing Platter ($30). Just be aware that it make take some time to prepare. 

The platter has
  • 6 mini bites
  • 2 tripoli style pizzas
  • your choice of medium pizza
  • your choice of 2 dips
  • your choice of 2 salads 
  • Pickles, Olives, herbs 
The owner has kindly added in some cheesey mushroom kaak as well to the platter as that has sparked my interest from the menu. When the platter arrives to our table, my eyes light up with delight. This looks amazing. I can't wait to get into this.

Photo taken by Matt



My favourite component would have to be that Kaak. The sesame bread is warm, freshly baked and is fully of cheese, mushroom and zaatar. I love zaatar flavours which has a predominant oregano and thyme taste. It's very moreish and both Matt and I agree that this is our favourite.

For salads, I choose the fattoush salad and some tabouli. I like the freshness of the parsley which helps cut through some of the carby textures of the platter.





The first mini bite I try is made with sujuk (spicy beef sausage) and cheese. This is a common alternative to chorizo. It's quite nice to eat with pickles and olives. Matt devours the cheese and mushroom mini bite. 

I then try the Tripoli Pizza. The tripoli pizza is made from minced meat, spices and pinenuts and is served in a puff style pastry. It's the square looking component on the platter. While the name implies pizza, don't confuse your tastebuds with what a pizza typically tastes like as there's no sauce on the base. I like the minced meat on the puff pastry.






I also share the zaatar bread with Matt and predominantly eat the hummus dip. We also have babaganoush dip on the platter which tastes a bit different to other venues. 

I opt for the supreme pizza on the platter which has loads of toppings on a thin, crispy base. Upon reflection, this is quite different to most other Lebanese pizzas that I've tried as they are typically thicker and doughier bases. I prefer all the other dishes on the platter over the pizza.


Summary: Overall, I really enjoyed the platter at Tripoli in Silverwater. All the dishes are reasonably priced on the menu.

My favourite dish was the Kak and I'd definitely recommend stopping by if you're in the area for a casual feast! It's more of a take away store than a sit down venue. You will love the flavours and the carbs!

Price: Most dishes are under $10. Platters are approx $15 per person.


Location: Shop 140/79-87 Beaconsfield St, Silverwater


Opening Hours: 
Monday to Thursday, Sunday 6am to 6pm
Friday, Saturday 6am to 10pm




Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Tripoli Pizza Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

3 comments:

  1. High Quality Natural, Organic & Vegan Friendly Skin Care Health Products | Skin Origin
    High Quality Natural, Organic & Vegan Friendly Skin Care Health Products | Skin Origin
    Skin Origin is an Australian based supplier of high quality Natural, Organic & Vegan
    Friendly Skin Care Health Products body oils, body soap,skin creams.
    Organic & Vegan
    Friendly Skin Care Health Products body oils, body soap,skin creams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Deals at Linkmegalabs.com, an international prescription service provider.

    Description:
    Linkmegalabs.com is a leader in referring orders for prescription and non-prescription products on behalf of customers throughout the world,research chemicals.Licensed pharmacy,
    international pharmacies,non-prescription,Best Deals Licensed pharmacy,Linkmegalabs,prescription.

    Licensed pharmacy,
    international pharmacies,
    non-prescription,
    Best Deals Licensed pharmacy,
    Linkmegalabs,
    prescription,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am especially dazzled with your article and I am upbeat that I am related with your site, No doubt you are serving the people professionally. i house cleaning | End of lease cleaning Services | End of lease clean Sydneyappreciate your work,,I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading i think it may be help all of you.

    ReplyDelete