Saturday 6 July 2019

Flower Child Cafe, Chatswood



This is a delayed blog post. I have walked past Flower Child Cafe a number of times while I've been shopping in Chatswood Westfield. I've always made a mental note to check it out as it looks like a mini oasis. The restaurant is caged in but you can see from the outside there's nice greenery and decore within.



It's a particularly busy Saturday morning and it looks to be a full out. The staff look flat out so I am expecting a slightly slower service. I order my usual Chai Latte ($4.5) which gives me that creamy, sugary hit I like in the morning.

Matt orders the Flower Child French Toast ($21) which is served with banana mascarpone, sliced banana, dark chocolate crumb, baked pecans, fresh berries and salted toffee and Canadian maple syrup. This dish looks absolutely beautiful, so much you feel mildly guilty about cutting into it. Matt really enjoys this dish with all the sweet flavours and different textures of the soft mascarpone, berries, chocolate and banana. Matt recommends and would order this dish again.



I order the Flower Child Trout Toast ($22) which has beetroot cured ocean trout, soft boiled egg, avocado, compressed cucumber, dill chevre, target beets, beetroot hummus and trout roe and puffed rice on activated charcoal sourdough. How fancy does that sound?

I quite like the beetroot cured ocean trout, although I'm careful of how much of the dill chevre I eat as I'm imagining the number of calories in that dollop.  I like the avo on the charcoal activated bread and enjoy the pickles that add a mild sourness to the dish. Really impressive.

Summary: Overall, I really enjoyed my breakfast at Flower Child Cafe. I would definitely come back if they were not too busy. The service was a bit slow as they were a full house on this occasion but I know the staff were doing the best they can. It's a beautiful decore with beautiful, delicious dishes.

Price: $20-25ish


Location: Chatswood Westfield - you can enter from the main strip of Chatswood on Victoria Ave


Opening Hours: 

Daily 8am to 5pm




Weekend Food Escapes dined anonymously and independently paid for this meal. All words, photos and opinions are my own.
Flower Child Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. You have come up with a very good layout. Apart from cooking, I also love flowers. The best flowers are best ordered from a florist shop. Roses are especially beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete