Wednesday 10 July 2019

Xin Jiang Hand Made Noodle, Chatswood


This is a delayed blog post. So on this particular Saturday night, I headed to Chatswood and this was when Vivid was on so there were people everywhere! I started seeing very long lines at many venues before 6pm. I was determined to get a delicious meal of dumpling and noodles. I recall reading positive reviews about Xin Jiang Hand Made Noodles so I headed there and luckily I was able to get a table.
I walked up the stairs and I was greeted by a really nice lady (maybe the owner) and we are seated straight away. I love Northern Chinese cuisine and in particular hand made noodles. As I look at the menu, I can see a lady in the background pulling noodles. 

The decore in Xin Jiang Hand Made Noodle is very cheap and cheerful. I look at the extensive menu and I already know what I want to order. At the back, there's some dishes i've never seen before including protein on naan bread, while I am tempted, I decide to stay true to my original food feelings and I end up with my noodles and dumplings.  I start sipping the complimentary tea.


I order the Stir Fried Hand Made Noodles with Lamb ($13.80). These noodles are absolutely perfect from a textural perspective and well cooked. The noodles are quite shiny from the oil and I'm mildly guilty but quickly move on when I enjoy the flavours of the noodles. I enjoy my hand made noodles with a touch of chilli oil and a dash of soy sauce. Matt also agrees that these noodles are delicious. I highly recommend.


I also order the fried pork dumplings ($13.80), which come in a portion of 12. The dumplings are fresh and hot from the fryer. I mix a portion of vinegar, soy sauce and chilli oil and gingerly bite into the dumplings slowly as I fear getting burnt. Matt tells me that he thinks the dumplings are perfectly cooked. I tell him that they are well cooked but I think the bottom could a little more cooked as I like a crunchy bottom. I have no complaints though, I gobble down these delicious dumplings.




Summary: Overall, I really enjoyed my dinner at Xin Jiang Hand Made Noodles. I thought the food was really delicious, really reasonably priced and the lady was really nice who served us. It's a cheap and cheerful venue for Northern Chinese cuisine. I highly recommend!

Price: $27.90 for those two dishes and a minor eftpos fee


Location: 84 A Archer st, Chatswood


Opening Hours: 

Daily 11am to 4pm, 5pm to 10pm


Weekend Food Escapes dined anonymously and independently paid for this meal. All words, photos and opinions are my own.
Xin Jiang Hand Made Noodle Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:


  1. Bhgloabal Solution is a global sales consulting firm that helps clients implement processes and disciplines to drive sustained revenue

    acceleration.We use a holistic, science-based approach combining training, consulting, coaching, and diagnostics to help you get the results

    you want.

    Outsourced call center services
    Outsourced marketing services
    Call handling services
    Outbound call centers
    Inbound call centers
    Customer service outsourcing
    Direct response call center
    Outsource contact center
    Call center solution
    Inbound call center
    Best call center
    Customer service
    Customer experience management

    ReplyDelete