Saturday 13 July 2019

Kasalong Thai, North Ryde


This is a delayed blog post. On a particularly lazy weeknight, Matt and I decide to go out for some thai. We have decided to check out Kasalong Thai in North Ryde which is located on Cox Rd. We walk up the stairs and are seated.
There's a customer at the counter who's arguing with the staff on the prices on the menu for take away v.s dine in. I block out the noise and focus on what I want to order.

Matt and I decide to share a Pad Thai with Beef ($15.50). I love a good pad thai but unfortunately this one was not that great. There was something off about the flavour of the sauce that wasn't quite the usual balance of sweet, sour and salty. I stop eating this dish and focus on the other dishes. Matt thinks this Pad Thai is adequate but I disagree.






I focus on the Pad See Ewe ($15.50) with beef. The flat rice noodles are more to my taste and absorb the sweet soy sauce. The vegetables are cooked well although I don't believe there are usually vegetables in an authentic thai dish. Perhaps this restaurant is more fusion thai. 



I also share some satay sticks ($8.90, 4 skewers) with Matt. There is a nice thick satay sauce which sticks to the chicken so  you don't have to dip into the sauce. Matt is happy with the skewers.

Summary: Overall, I found my experience to be adequate but I am not sure if I would return. The quality of Thai food is amazing in Sydney and would easily compete with the food at Kasalong Thai. There's also a few other Thai options in North Ryde. IBangkok is probably my favourite in North Ryde but I also like Thai Curry in West Ryde or I sometimes order Thai Metric delivery.

Price: Most dishes are under $20


Location: 

Daily 11am to 10pm




Kasalong Thai Cuisine Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. This blog which incorporates bunches of supportive data its exceptionally intriguing and amazing, this article merits sharing, so motivating and Cleaning Services Sydney | End of lease clean | Bond cleaners Sydneybrimming with data. my spouse and i Take pleasure in that the write-up is very informative I figure this article will completely supplement you.

    ReplyDelete