Wednesday 31 July 2019

Mr Stonepot, Eastwood


This is a delayed blog post.  I happened to be in Eastwood one afternoon and noticed there's another Mr Stonepot in Eastwood. I have been to the Chatswood Mr Stonepot some months ago. My go to was always Taste of Shanghai in Eastwood but decided to try something new.
The restaurant is completely busy as I walk in and luckily there's one table left for Matt and I. 

I am in the mood for dumplings and noodles. We start off our meal with some xiao long bao ($9.80). I love these soup dumplings. I mix up a mixture of vinegar with a splash of soy and a splash of chilli to enjoy. I always bite a small hole into the dumpling with the first one to check how hot the filling in. The subsequent dumplings, I generally eat whole so I can feel the burst of soup inside my mouth. These dumplings are very delicious and would rival Taste of Shanghai or Din Tai Fung.




Next up, I order the Braised Beef Brisket with spinach noodle soup ($11.80). This dish is served up in a big bowl and may be harder to share. You can ask for a spare bowl to share. The noodles are soft, slurpy and are quite flavoursome from the fatty broth. The fatty braised beef brisket is very much melt in your mouth and works well with the noodle broth. This dish is a decent portion.


I couldn't leave without also ordering some Pan Fried Pork Buns ($9.80). These buns are absolutely delicious, made from soft, thick dough with a crispy bottom. I enjoy them with the same vinegar, soy and chilli although you could easily eat them on their own. They are quite filling though and it's at this point, I realise I've ordered too much food.






Summary: Overall, I really enjoyed my lunch at Mr Stonepot. I would have to say that their dumplings would easily rival others in the area. I thought their XLB was delicious! My favourite dish of lunch.

Parking in Eastwood is challenging though.

Price: Lunch was approx $17 per person


Location: 205 Rowe St, Eastwood.


Opening Hours: 

Daily 11am to 3pm; 5pm to 9pm




Weekend Food Escapes dined anonymously and independently paid for this meal. All words, photos and opinions are my own.

Mr. Stonepot Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

3 comments:

  1. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    End of lease cleaning Caddens
    End of lease cleaning Caddens

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will not recommend this restaurant!!!
    Extremely rude waitresses and nausea! Trying to promote lobster/crab only when to take your order; otherwise, they (mostly overseas students) will insult/gossiping & purposely delay delivering your order. Worst place & staff, never come back again forever! :(

    ReplyDelete