Friday 27 December 2019

Eat Fuh, Chatswood



There are people who travel to Marrickville to eat at Eat Fuh. I don't venture out to Marrickville much so when I found out another one had opened up in Chatswood and is closer to my home - I decided to check it out. 




Eat Fuh at Chatswood is beautifully fitted out with modern and sleek decore. I admire the painting in one corner. I order a sparkling guava soft drink ($5) and Mr Weekend Food Escapes orders a Stonewood Pacific Ale ($11). The sweet sparking gives me a slight buzz as I look at the menu. Mr Weekend Food Escapes enjoys the delicious craft beer with tropical tones.



The menu is on one page and has most of my favourite Vietnamese favourites including pho and vermicelli rice noodle salad but there's no turmeric Vietnamese pancake. 

I decide to order a few entrees and start off with the Beef wrapped in betel leaves (5) ($10). This dish is served with a tangy sweet and spicy fish sauce with garlic. I really enjoy the beef wrapped in beef betel leaves, there's a nice crunch from the peanuts, the betel leave is mildly salty and the beef is very flavoursome with the sauce. I recommend.



There's also the Vietnamese Mackerel Fish Cakes (2) ($12) which is served with a sweet chilli sauce. I enjoy these chewy, soft fishcakes and alternate eating the fishcakes with the sweet chilli and the tangy fish sauce from the other entree. Both sauces work. Both entree dishes are great for sharing with others. I am served up with 3 fishcakes so I am not sure if they were generous on this occasion or if this is the usual serve.





Now for the main event at Eat Fuh - I could eat Pho (Noodle Soup) all year round but I especially love some pho when it's cold. I always order the Pho with rare beef so it may come as no suprise as I order the Fuh Noodle Soup (Regular $15, Large $17 - I order the regular size) with rare beef, bone broth cooked with star anise, cardamon, cloves, cinnamon, ginger, onions, served with thick rice noodles and garnished with coriander, basil, shallot and sprouts.

At other Vietnamese restaurants, they will generally serve the garnish separately so you can adjust bean sprouts, herbs to your own taste but it's all added in the bowl at Eat Fuh. A serving of hoi sin and chilli sauce is optional and a wedge of lemon. I love me some hoi sin and chilli sauce so I go for the jugular. The pho broth is flavoursome with depth of flavour. It's delicious. My preference is to have less bean sprouts but you can easily eat your way around it.The regular size is actually quite filling so you'd have to be really hungry to conquer the large size.










I also order the Lemon grass, sesame, garlic, pepper chicken noodle salad ($17) with thin rice noodles served with sprouts, lettuce, mint, perilla, topped with garlic oil, peanuts and pickled carrot. In addition to this, I order two vegan spring rolls ($3 per spring roll) as I want some additional crunch. The marinated chicken is very flavoursome and I enjoy the noodles, carrot with the lettuce. I would have wanted a few more herbs to further enhance the flavours but overall this dish is enjoyable to eat. 





I am quite full by this stage but I also wanted to taste the White meat and prawn noodle soup ($17) clear broth cooked with pork/chicken, served with king prawns, minced pork, chicken, chewy rice noodles and garnished with coriander, sprouts and seasonal herbs. This dish is really delicious, I enjoy eating the clear noodles in the lighter broth. There's little crunchy bits of pork which really bring the dish to life. This dish is served up with two large king prawns. Yum.


Summary: Overall, I enjoyed my experience at Eat Fuh, the food is Modern Vietnamese which captures the essence of  traditional Vietnamese flavours. My favourite dishes were the beef betel leaf and pho. 

Price: Main dishes are $15-$18


Location: The Mix, Chatswood - 260 Victoria Ave, Chatswood


Opening Hours: 

Open Daily 11am to 9pm (close 8pm on Tuesdays)


Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.

Eat Fuh Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. The occupation of a food commentator is to precisely convey the taste, surface, smell, and show of an eatery's food. You remark on the food as well as on the air, staff information, and mindfulness, the speed of administration, and the overall impression of the café or bistro.
    Source: website design company in London

    ReplyDelete