Friday 20 December 2019

Massaya, Strathfield South


4/5
Mr Weekend Food Escapes has driven past Massaya a number of times but has yet to dine there. On a quiet Saturday, we head there for lunch and while I am mildly distracted by all the fast food that surrounds the Massaya restaurant, I am looking for a nicer experience this Saturday. Massaya is part Modern Australian in menu and part Lebanese cuisine.
It's a busy period at the moment at Massaya hosting several Christmas events. There's a big function room with long tables at Massaya. To kick off the festive season, Matt and I order some drinks.



Massaya has the Almaza beer which is the biggest brewery in Lebanon. Mr Weekend Food Escapes always likes trying new beers from different countries. I ask for the prettiest drink and leave it to the staff to choose my drink. I think this is the Berry Mint Lemon which is topped with Persian Floss. The drink is very sweet.


I start ordering off the Massaya menu starting off with these Garlic Prawns. The pan-fried prawns are served up in lemon juice, garlic and coriander. I love prawns whereas Mr Weekend Food Escapes is allergic to shell fish so these delicious, juicy prawns are all mine. The garlic flavours are immersed in the prawn flesh. Definitely a dish to order if you are a prawn fan.




Massaya also has this very popular dish which is the honey and lemon glazed salmon on mash and vegetables. The salmon is subtly sweet from the honey which is delightful to eat as I enjoy the crunchy salmon skin, moist salmon flesh and the creamy mash potato. This is a very simple but well executed dish. I'd recommend this dish.




I am also looking forward to ordering some Lebanese cuisine. I start off with this Hummus with lamb meat and pine nuts dish. I love lebanese bread and dip the bread into the hummus for the creamy chick pea taste. The lamb adds that further texture and elevates this dish. I dig into the basket of Lebanese bread (Fried and Fresh).  I recommend.




I am also treated to a Mixed Grill Platter which has three dips, baba ganoush, garlic cream and hummus. There's also three skewers of chicken, lamb, kafta with chilli bread, tabouli and two savoury pastries. This platter is right up my alley as protein and dips are my favourite when dining Lebanese and I like the fresh tabouli salad that is light, tangy and fresh.







Summary: Overall I enjoyed the fusion menu at Massaya. It's a great way to enjoy Modern Australian dishes such as the Honey Glazed Salmon but you can also order Lebanese favourites. My favourites were the salmon and the hummus with lamb. 

Price: Most mains $22-32


Location: 608 Liverpool st, Strathfield South


Opening Hours: 

Monday to Friday 11am to 12am
Saturday 11am to 1am
Sunday 11am to 11pm



Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.

Massaya Authentic Lebanese Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    End of lease cleaning Mosman
    End of lease cleaning Manly
    End of lease cleaning Randwick

    ReplyDelete