Sunday 8 December 2019

Cha Ball, Burwood


Cha Ball in Burwood serves up fluffy souffle pancakes and refreshing drinks. Cha Ball is located in back alley of Burray Place Arcade. I've seen so many delicious looking photos on instagram so I'm eager to see how they look in person.
I stop by Cha Ball for some dessert and while I am looking forward to ordering their signature - the brown sugar boba souffle pancake - they are sold out of this one today. That's okay because I am enticed by other flavours.

But first I order a drink - I go for the peach oolong with cheese foam. It's a refreshing drink but takes some time to make. I am not sure if they are short staffed today. I've not had a peach oolong tea before but I enjoy the sweetness of the peach flavour along with the depth of flavour from the oolong tea. I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the cheese foam but it makes for a milky finish to the drink. It's a cool, refreshing and enjoyable drink. 




I also order three souffle pancakes which also take some time - I am waiting almost 30 minutes. Luckily I'm in no rush on this particular day. However this may affect you in you have somewhere to be.

Cha Ball has a few options but I opt for the Creme Brulee Souffle Pancake. There's a delicious sugary top coating. The pancake is soft, fluffy with a cloud like-texture. It's actually really enjoyable to eat. I think the photos definitely live up to the real thing. This pancake is one of their most sold souffle pancakes.










Cha Ball also has some new flavours and what took my eye was the taro. The Taro flavoured souffle pancake has a light purple coating with edible silver sugary balls. The texture of the pancake is also consistent with fluffy, cloud-like and is really enjoyable to eat.

The souffle pancakes are mostly $8.80 although there are a handful of pancakes that are a little bit more.


The final Cha Ball souffle pancake I order is the mango and coconut. There's a visible dose of mango but no coconut. It's still an enjoyable dessert to eat. The fresh fruit to the souffle is a nice edition and I'd recommend this one.




Weekend Food Escapes was #gifted by the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.

Cha Ball Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment: