Sunday 1 December 2019

Madang Korean BBQ, Sydney


Mr Weekend Food Escapes is a big Korean BBQ fan. While this institution has been around for yonks, it's our first time at Madang Korean BBQ. We are invited here as part of a Hungry Diner event. Tonight, it's a big group event so there's a lot of fun mixed with some chaos.



The Koreans typically drink soju with Korean BBQ or Korean beer. So when in Rome... Mr Weekend Food Escapes and I cheers to a shot of soju. What I like about Korean BBQ are the sides are served at the beginning so while you are waiting for meat and dishes to arrive, you can snack away. I make a beeline for the kim chi as I enjoy the spicy cabbage lingering on my tongue.




Mr Weekend Food Escapes comments that he is really enjoying the Raw beef salad, with sliced cucumber, pear and egg yolk which has high quality beef which binds together when you mix in the yolk. The sliced cucumber and pear makes for refreshing contrast.

With my chop sticks, I pick up some of the Stir fried starch noodle with mushrooms. I notice a number of different mushrooms and go for the cloud ear fungus mushrooms as they are my favourites. I also eat more kim chi for a bit of spice.


There's also the Seafood and Shallot Korean pancake which is made with a thick dough which sandwiches shallots and seafood. The ratio is a bit heavier on the dough side compared to the seafood for my liking however it's still enjoyable to eat.






Now for the Korean BBQ part! The coals are hot and ready to go and the hot plate is sizzling away. What's next is a flurry of meat and it's hard to keep up as we are sharing in a big table. We cook up a feast including
  • Marinated beef ribs
  • Marinated beef with traditional bulgogi
  • Wagyu beef flap meat
  • Sliced pork belly
  • Marinated chicken
The smell of meat is spreading in the room and it smells amazing. I take another sip of soju as I get into the meat. Now I must confess, given the large group and fun madness, I cannot recall which meats I tasted. But here are some photos for your reference




Summary: Overall, Madang Korean BBQ is a buzzing venue which serves up a fun Korean BBQ experience. The staff are helpful and friendly. 


Location: 371 A Pitt St, Sydney

Opening Hours: 

Open daily 11:30am to 2am



Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.

Sydney Madang Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I read your articles and found the article is very informative...I would perceive that you truly worked superbly! this article is useful for an End of lease cleaning | End of lease cleaning Adelaide individual like me who is anxiously searching for some great considerations.

    ReplyDelete