Saturday 6 February 2016

Maloney's Pub, Sydney CBD

Maloney's Pub is a great spot for lunch for pub favourites like a chicken parma.



There's a few pubs and quite a few places to eat around World Square. When I'm hankering for a pub meal with an alcohol beverage, I seem to end up at Maloney's which is right across from World Square. I order the chicken parma ($15.95, top photo and below) which comes with salad and sits on a bed of chips. The chicken is a bit crispy but brings the cheese and napoletana sauce together. I recommend this dish.

My friend opted for the chicken schitz ($12.00, above) with a side of gravy. From observation, her schitz looked a bit dry but she assures me that it's quite nice to eat. 



I come back a second time and order the aussie beef burger ($13.90). The burger is beautifully presented but fails to hit the spot with me. The patty is a bit dry and needs more seasoning. I would suggest sticking to the schitz, parma or steak.

I've had the steak many a time during the week (Mon-Thu when it's the special, however today it was $13.00), the 250 g angus rump is a crowd favourite topped with gravy, served on a bed of your choice of mash or chips. A recommend.

Prices: $15ish per main 

Location: Corner of Goulburn and Pitt St, Sydney (opposite world square)


Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 7/10 for pub dining
Customer Service: 8/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 7/10



Maloney's Hotel Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment