Sunday 26 June 2016

Firehouse Bar and Grill, Parramatta Leagues Club


Firehouse Restaurant is located in the Parramatta Leagues Club and has a new stone sizzling menu. Those king prawns were making me drool.




Have you tried stone grill cooking yet? It's where there's a super hot stone that cooks the food on top of it so you can adjust it to your liking. The prawns (above) will set you back $17 for 6 prawns. The smell as the stone cooks the prawns sets the senses alive. The prawns are very tasty and I devour them pretty quickly.

Another popular stone grill dish are the lamb souvlaki ($22, below) that comes with soft pita bread, salad, chips and tzaziki. The meat is seasoned with a bit of salt and herbs. I cook my meat medium rare and this dish is quite filling. You can also get steaks cooked on the stone grill as well.




They also have other pub favourites on the menu such as the meat balls ($14, above) or the calamari if you're looking for more snack like food. My favourite snack though is the naughty jack cheese spring rolls ($10 for 4, below) which are basically fried pastry encasing cheese. It's so bad for you, it's so good.

If you are sharing with a bigger group then pizzas might be more the way to go. The base is quite thin and the toppings are delicious. The San Daniele with proscuitto and rocket is quite nice ($18.50).



The chicken pesto pasta ($17, above) is really creamy and rich. Best shared or complimented with another dish to balance the cream. I am really full but I always make room for dessert.

The highlight for me with dessert is the churros ($15, below with ice cream). They are perfect because they are crunchy on the outside and full of that cinnamon donut flavour. It comes with chocolate sauce and ice cream. Yum yum. I wasn't a fan of the pineapple on the stone grill but it's a lighter option if you don't want to misbehave like I did.

Overall, I'd def suggest you check out the new stone grill menu if you are in the area. Fire House provides a really strong pub menu with enough variety for everyone.

I'd recommend the pizzas, stone grill menu and the churros. I'm not a massive fan of the burgers but I know many others that would disagree. Those naughty cheese spring rolls are really tasty as well. Soooo cheesey!!!
Enjoy Eels fans!!! Go the Eels!!!!





Firehouse Bar & Grill Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Weekendfoodescapes dined as guests of Parramatta Leagues Club. All photos, opinions and words are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment