Thursday 16 June 2016

Food Society, Darlinghurst


Food Society has a new menu out so I pop by and check out the Eastern European/Modern Fusion flavours with my gal pal friend. Good conversation and company always goes a long way.




Food Society is located in Darlinghurst, a short stroll from Town Hall. It's located downstairs in a dimly lit and intimate setting. It's very pretty. 

It's the perfect location for a romantic dinner amongst lovers. I'm loving the chandeliers, little candles and flowers that are scattered across Food Society. The menu is designed for sharing so I decide to order an array of dishes.

My friend has just been overseas including Croatia so we engage holiday talk and food talk. I am starving so we start ordering food.

The signature dish for Food Society is the cauliflower. It's coated in a thick, sweet red wine vinegar ($15, below) which makes this vegetable incredibly tasty. I highly recommend sharing this dish. 




Next up are some dumplings, however they are not your typical dumplings. The Eastern European Dumpling or better known as pierogi is full of potato and bacon. It's a mouthful of fluffy carby deliciousness.

This dish is very eloquently presented in a buttermilk and red wine vinegar. The dish comes in portion of 4 for $14 (below).




Pretty cocktails and drinks look so delicate among the backdrop of the homely furniture.


This dish (above) looks like abstract art. The Bulgarian Feta Custard with Confit mushroom, crispy pastry and silverbeet ($14) is a lighter dish to share but has a mesh of textures. It's very pretty.

One of my favourite dishes is the Cured Kingfish with subtle citrus, paprika chips, buttermilk curd and raspberry pearls ($21). The Kingfish is fresh and the sweet flavours from the raspberry pearls and the creamy curd and crunchy chips make for a party in my mouth. Also very pretty.




My favourite dish is the Spatzle, with prawns, dill and warm egg yolk dressing ($24). It's very homely and I had never tried Spatzle before. The grain is commonly cooked in Eastern Europe. This dish resembles something between fried rice and a risotto. The grain pieces are light and the flavours are just simple of prawn, dill and egg. It's just the perfect dish to eat in winter.


I was quite full by the end of all the savoury dishes so my gal pal and I decide to share dessert. She picks the the honey cake with pear is a lighter dessert with honeycomb, caramel cream ($14, below). It's a smaller portion which is perfect for me as I'm soooo full. I like the crunchy honeycomb with the cake and a bit of poached pear. It's a great combination.

Overall, I had a lovely dining experience at the Food Society. It's a really nice venue for an upmarket restaurant with very pretty decore and pretty food. You can't miss out on the cauliflower or the spatzle - they were the highlights for me.

Thanks to my friend Dinny Tran for taking the photos and for the company :)

Price: $50-$60 per person

Location: 91 Riley St, Darlinghurst


Opening Hours: Thurs to Friday 5:30pm to 11pm for dinner. Saturday 12:30pm to 4:30pm for vodka high tea, or 5:30pm to 11pm for dinner





Food Society Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of Buzz Group. All words, opinions and photos are my own.

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    carpet steam cleaning Manly
    carpet steam cleaning Glebe
    carpet steam cleaning Pyrmont

    ReplyDelete