Tuesday 14 June 2016

Chef's Gallery, Parramatta


Chef's Gallery is now open in Parramatta and it was packed when I got there on the Friday night. 


Chef's Gallery is known for their hand made noodles and dumplings. They're a bit more up-market than your average Chinese hole in the wall.  I've read some reviews about poor customer service but I didn't really encounter that. I think it was a bit busy but there was always someone around if you needed something. Perhaps this was a minor teething issue that they have worked out.


Chef's Gallery has some great food on the menu but for those who have vegetarian friends, there's a bit of range for you guys as well. 

I've been to Chef's Gallery many times in the city so I decide to try a few different dishes. My brother is keen to try the Spinach and Egg Tofu ($16.90, above). The skin is where you will get a subtle egg taste and once you bite into the tofu, it's soft silken tofu inside. I really like this dish as I love tofu.

For fried lovers who have had crumbed, honey prawns before - The Caramelised Eggplant ($15.90, below) has a similar texture in shell with a small sliver of eggplant inside. This dish is best shared along with the tofu.





I've had these a few times but I love them so much I couldn't resist ordering them again, above is the Colourful mixed vegetable dumplings $10.90 for 4. All the dumplings at Chef's Gallery are always so well prepared and cooked. The skin is silky soft and the contents are delicious.


I usually order their signature dish of noodles and prawn dumplings however I thought i'd have another dish tonight, I ordered the Wok Fried Hand made noodles with prawns, cherry tomatoes in a prawn paste (above, $17.90). These noodles are soooo delicious and highly recommended if you like prawn flavours. The noodles are mildly spicy in a rich prawn paste. I absolutely recommend this dish along with the 



For a more subtle noodle dish in flavour, I'd recommend the Wok Fried Hand Made Spinach noodles with carrot, mushrooms $14.90. I love eating the mushrooms with the green noodles. 




Now for dessert, if you have a sweet tooth then you should order this. HEAVEN: 3 scoops of your choice of ice cream in a waffle bowl, cupcakes, sour ribbon candy, pokka sticks on a bed of fairy floss $16.90, above. It's a bit of a sugar overload for me so I think it's best shared however my adult aged brother went nuts and enjoyed the dessert. There's something that really ignites the senses in this dish and brings you back to your childhood days.





Chef's Gallery is also famous for their Eggy Custard Buns ($4.90 each, minimum of 2). They look yellow on the menu but come out white. The key is to squeeze and have fun LOL. Here's my video below.


Overall, I had another great experience at Chef's Gallery. I love the dumplings and the noodles. They never disappoint. There's some great vegetarian options as well so my brother was happy.

Price: $50ish per person but we over ordered and my brother eats way too much. Maybe usually $30-40 per person

Location: Outside Westfield, 175 Church St, Parramatta. It's not far from the station.


Opening Hours: 11am to 9:30pm most nights. 



Chefs Gallery Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Weekendfoodescapes dined as guests of Cardinal Spin. All words, opinions and photos are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment