Thursday 21 January 2016

Big Tree House, Rydalmere

The locals in Rydalmere are heading to the Big Tree House for a hipster breakfast in the suburbs.
Big Tree House seems to be very popular as I visit on a Saturday morning; it's set among a bunch of houses in the Suburbia of Rydalmere. There's a long line to order and most of the tables are full so I hoped for a nice breakfast. The rating on Zomato of 4.3 was also promising.

I order the Corn Fritters ($18, top photo) with salmon, avocado and poached egg. I quite liked the combination of flavours of the corn fritter with the sweet chili jam sauce. The egg and avocado was well prepared and provided a variety of texture. I was still left a bit hungry after this breakfast but enjoyed the tasty combination. I think an additional corn fritter or egg would have completed this dish. 


The breakfast burger (above) is a nice brunch dish with egg, chili jam, bacon with the trimmings. It was well put together but I prefer the corn fritters. I also eyed off the big breakfast which was on a table next to me. The $5.50 chocolate milkshake below was nice and needed a little bit more chocolate.

The friand below was a nice treat to round out my brunch. Overall, I thought the food was nice and it was surprising to see a cafe of standard in the suburbs.  I think the zomato rating is a bit generous but not far off.

Prices: $25ish per person

Location: 88 Calder rd, Rydalmere

Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 7/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 6/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 7/10


Big Tree House Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment