Monday 11 January 2016

My Memory of Shanghai, Eastwood

Xiao Long Bao anyone? My memory of Shanghai serves up a few dumplings up in Eastwood


Memory of Shanghai looks a bit more flash compared your average cheap and cheerful eatery in Eastwood. With glossy tiled floors and glossy tables; Memory of Shanghai looks cleaner. Most dishes are reasonably priced. All the dishes I ordered were $10ish.

The soup dumplings (Xiao Long Bao, top photo) were nice. The skin was thin and with a small burst of soup. Din Tai Fung still tops my list of best Xiao Long Bao but the ones from Memory of Shanghai still fulfilled my dumpling cravings. I also ordered noodles with shreadded pork. The stir fried noodles hit the spot as well. The noodles were cut so they were never that long which annoyed me slightly. Mixed with chili though, I enjoyed the noodles.



I sipped on the complimentary tea which was nice. The dumplings with chili oil were nice but seriously lacking in chili oil. It was good to try something different in Eastwood. I probably prefer Sea Bay but I think Memory of Shanghai is worth trying.

Prices: $10ish for noodle/dumpling dishes

Location: 200 Rowe St, Eastwood




My Memory Of ShangHai Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    carpet steam cleaning Manly
    carpet steam cleaning Glebe
    carpet steam cleaning Pyrmont

    ReplyDelete